Post D&C bleeding question

Tina_TTC2

Reaction score
I have had 2 other D&Cs, one was after my daughter was born (not all of the placenta had been discharged, so I was spotting for months after - they went in and removed the last little piece).

The second one was for a miscarriage at like 8 weeks (found out the baby had died earlier). That was about 3 years ago, and I don't remember much from it, other than I don't think I did more than light spotting for a short time - definitely nothing needing a pad really - just really light spotting.

This time is different. I am sure it's because the Dr didn't completely remove the lining, but I am having much more bleeding than I did with the last D&C, it's more like a full on period - pretty close. today is day 4 after the procedure, and it was light the first couple days, then got more progressive.

If I had to guess, this is more like a regular period after the procedure - i.e., probably when I would have released all on my own I would guess. That being said, it is sooo DARK. I'm not used to seeing so much black blood. it's a bit weird that it is soo black. it's kind of like everything coming out is the consistency of blood, but the color of a clot - does that make sense?

is this typical do you think? i am guessing so, it's just a bit strange to me.

In my experience, darker bleeding (brown in color) is old blood so maybe it's darker because it's older stuff from the pregnancy itself? My bleeding after my D&C 3 weeks ago was only red and pink on the first day after. After that, it turned to light brownish-pink or brownish-red bleeding (light period flow) for 2 weeks and then went to dark brown cervical mucus/spotting for 1 week. If you are worried though, can you at least call your doctor and see what they say? I've had black clots come out during a natural miscarriage but my bleeding was always dark red. Does the discharge have a funny, almost fishy smell? I was told to watch for a funky smell as that's a sign of infection.

Hi Hun...I had the procedure done 10 das ago and had a proper pad on changing twice a day...like you it is totally black!

I'm Hoping it stops soon as its definitely more thn spotting x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->