Post HSG Blues

alwaysannie

Reaction score
Hi all,

I've been off and on these message boards for about 6 months now because to be brutally honest, sometimes they help and sometimes they don't.

I do love the idea of seeking the support of others going through what I'm going through, but often times I feel as though I spend too much time dwelling miserably on it, and reading posts only perpetuates that dwelling.

In any sense, I had an HSG done yesterday. Mother of God, did it hurt. I'm not going to lie. I cried.

In any sense, all my testing is done now and it's a matter of deciding whether I want to explore assisted reproduction options.

All of my blood work has come back normal. A CD 3 ultrasound did reveal that I only have 7 follicles on the left and 9 on the right, which supposedly is a bit less than a "normal" 31 year old. But the HSG showed that my tubes are clear.

My husband and I have been trying to conceive for about 15 months now, using OPK tests for 5 months.

Neither one of us are really crazy about the idea of accepting any kind of assistance, Clomid, IUI, IVF. It all just seems SO overwhelming. On the other hand, our desire to start a family grows more intense every day and TTC is really taking a toll on my emotions in particular.

I don't really have a question, but just looking for folks who are willing to listen to each other and provide support.

Baby Dust to All! Thanks for reading!

I don't have anything very constructive to say but just wishing you lots of luck. I know how you feel about writing stuff on here and it making you dwell even more, I often feel like that, but on the whole i think that is outweighed by the lovely ladies on here who offer support and listen to me moaning on when there is no one in my 'real' life who knows we are ttc again.

Anyway, lots of luck and baby dust to you xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->