post m/c questions

honeybunch2k7

Reaction score
Two days I had a dilation and extraction, but I am still bleeding. Is this normal? Could it be my period?

Also, this morning I woke up and my breasts were swollen and enlarged. I looked in the mirror and I was just like WHOA where did those come from? :wacko: Having swollen breasts isn't helping me cope, kwim? :cry:

Has anyone else experienced this?

I've had a dilation and extraction and I think I bled for about a week after. It was definatly longer than having a normal AF because I remember wondering when it would ever stop.

Your boobs being sore is probably caused by the sudden change in hormones again. I don't know how far you were but it's quite common in later m/c's I think.

Really sorry you had to go through this and I hope you start feeling a bit better soon. :hugs:

I thought I was 16 weeks pregnant, but my fetus was only 10 weeks old.

Firstly - so sorry for your loss.

I think your body probably thought you were 16 weeks also as it kept producing all the hormones up until recently and if so your boobs probably are going to get swollen. Have a look at the miscarriage facts and myths on this forum under the miscarriage section as a 'sticky'

This is taken from it:

If you were in the 2nd trimester or later, you may experience engorgement, which is swollen breasts filled with milk. Ease this with hot showers or bags of frozen peas. Do not pump milk out.

Its very informative and may help you understand whats going on.

My thoughts are with you - be easy on yourself.

I woke up with my breasts feeling engorged again. I noticed white discharge so I guess I am producing milk or colostrum.

*sigh*

It's normal to bleed for about a week after a D&E.

I bled for about 10 days. As long as it's not really heavy ie You're soaking a sanitary towel in an hour and you haven't got symptoms of a fever or shock then you're fine.

If after you've stopped bleeding you start again like a day later then also maybe get it checked out.

You start your AF maybe 4-6 weeks after a m/c

Hope that helps you.

Hi - i had an D & C in Nov and i bled for 7 days, it was only light - i was expecting it to be really heavy. Hope this helps
xx

I have also had a d&c on Jan 13 and I am still having some light bleeding...if it gets heavy ...like a period then you should seek med. attention.

I am so sorry for your loss Honeybunch.

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->