Post miscarriage cycles & Clomid

PineappleRock

Reaction score
I miscarried in Nov/December. After bleeding for over 5 weeks, I ovulated at the end of December per OPKs, and got my first period since the miscarriage in January. I started temping for the first time and was optimistic that I could have regular cycles again. Before I got pregnant, my husband & I had been trying for about 3 years, and since 11/09 my cycles have been really long & irregular, for no particular reason. Well I'm now on CD21 with no sign on ovulation, which means either this cycle will be anovulatory, or really long - before I got pregnant my cycles averaged at 39 days, but going 6-8 weeks without a period was not out of the question for me.

I saw my new OB in December after the miscarriage, and he told me to wait 3 months before trying. That works better for DH and I anyway, so that is what we are doing. He said that it's possible that I will have regular cycles again, but if they don't seem to be regular after a few months to come see him and he'll put me on Clomid. Obviously I'm probably overreacting already since this is my first cycle, but if it is the case, when should I go see the OB again - in March, or wait longer? I don't want to wait too long, but I don't want to jump the gun and freak out too soon.

My other question is about Clomid... my DH works out of town, and is usually gone for a day or two at a time... should I even bother with Clomid? It's entirely likely that he will be out working when I am ovulating, and there really isn't anything we can do about that.

Try to let your doc know if you are ready sooner.It is your body, don't let him/her decide when you will have your baby.

I'm graduating from grad school in December, so it's best if I have a due date after then anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->