Post nasal drip cough, beconase nasal spray and pregnancy

poppy

Mum of Three
Reaction score
I had a really bad cold at the end of March with a bad cough. After a few weeks the extreme cough went away but since then I have been left with this phlegm type thing. It's not a proper cough, it just feels like a bit of phlegm is building up in my chest/throat and I have to cough and gulp to clear it out. It does seem to be getting progressively better and only really happens now in the morning on and off for about 20 minutes about an hour or so after I get up.

I have been to the doctor twice about it (2 different doctors) and my lungs are not blocked and they think it is post nasal drip. They both want me to try Beconase nasal spray. I told them that I am pregnant and they say it is safe in pregnancy. They told me it only goes into the nasal cavities and only miniscule amounts go into the blood.

However, after googling it, it does say that although not proven dangerous in pregnancy, 'there is risks with any medication during pregnancy and you should weigh the risks to the mother with not taking the medication' etc etc. I feel worried about taking it now as I don't want to do any harm to the baby, especially as I am only 7 weeks along. I have used the spray twice and felt guilty about it. I am now thinking of not using it and trying to find alternative options.

Have any of you had experience with Beconase nasal spray whilst pregnant or had chronic cough/post nasal drip? If I leave it will it go away naturally?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->