• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Post partum period feel like I'm hemorrhaging

laila 44

Reaction score
Help ladies. I'm almost 7 weeks pp and started to bleed like crazy on Thursday. I'm assuming its my period as I haven't bled since about 4 weeks pp. I've been bleeding so much and passing clots the size of the palm of my hand tmi, sorry. I even went to see my OB yesterday in a panic and he did a quick ultrasound of my abdomen and said uterus looks empty with no remains. He wasn't worried at all about the clots or blood loss but wtf. It's been like A faucet ever since and I'm worried this is day 3. Anyone experience this? He also said that because I had a csection I never really got rid of all the crap internally. I only spotted really after my surgery and then gone, but now my first period is insane! I'm scared I'm hemorrhaging :(

If you're filling up more than a pad's worth in an hour, you need to go to the emergency room. Did you not have a lot of lochia after the birth? It really could be your body clearing itself out. If you're really worried get another opinion from another medical provider. :hugs:

Edit: Also, my mother hemorrhaged after giving birth to me, and lost enough blood to almost kill her within a minute. Unless you're gushing blood non-stop, your body is probably just doing a clear out and making up for lost time. I've bleed more days then I've had non-bleed days since I've given birth. (pregnancy spoiled me, ugh!)

It's not really a pad an hour but its definately alot! The clots are incredible. I'm on day 3 now. I never bled after csection only mild spotting so I'm pretty sure this is my first real period and its crazy. I'm wearing overnight pads all day. Everytime I go pee it looks like a murder scene. How come my OB wasn't concerned at all ?

I think this is quite normal I've had very, very heavy post partum I mentioned it at my check up (which due to circumstances I only had nearly 3 months after giving birth!) And the doctor said it's usually the case

i also got mine when eva was 7 weeks. IT was REALLY strong and lasted like 10 days or so. Those first days were pretty bad but it should start to slow down. It sucks though i know xx

Wow. Thxs ladies! I swear it scared the crap out of me! Still going but the cramps r gone now thank goodness! Hopefully it will slow down...

With my 4th I bled so much I thought I was going to bleed out and die. I would stand up from the toilet with blood coming out and I would get so dizzy and call for DH. He would come in and be like "omg wtf is going on" because it would be like Niagra Falls, no lie. It lasted for a few weeks like that. I mean, it was so bad I would wake up in the mornings and there would be blood on the bed, I've bled through my sweatpants and underwear. It was a disaster. I'm Anemic so I knew I would bleed more than normal but I thought it was way too much. It really wasn't anything dangerous though since I'm still here lol. But if it continues I would go back to your doctor or go straight to the ER. Maybe right now it's not anything he's alarmed about but that doesn't mean anything. It's good the sonogram shows no remains though but you really should keep an eye on it.

Laila! I'm sorry to hear this! Its so scary to bleed a lot!

I share in hopes this will make you feel better... I had a hemorrhage 3 weeks pp. It started out as an extremely heavy period type bleeding. I questioned whether I should go to the er. I had horrendous cramping and my back ached just as bad as labor. The blood was also bright bright red. I went back and forth trying to decide if it was ok or not... but the next day I started gushing and gushing blood. There was NO question in my mind that I needed emergency attention. The blood was so so bright red and it filled 2 chux pads (kind they lay on your hospital bed) and a depends disposable underwear in an hour.

The ultrasound at the er was "inconclusive" and I had a d&c. Sure enough there was retained placenta.

I would be reassured that everything is ok since your u/s looks good and you're not gushing blood. The clots are concerning but could just be the lining of your uterus coming out...especially since you didn't have much bleeding right after birth. If your blood turns bright bright red, you have severe cramping, and you continue to feel uneasy, I would definitely go back to the dr. If it seems to slow and you feel ok, you're most likely fine.

Big hug! Hope that helps!

Thanks girls! I went to my OB on Friday because I was bleeding so much and he did an ultrasound that revealed all was empty in uterus and that it was a heavy period. Well thank goodness on Sunday it slowed down! I though I was going to need a transfusion no joke. I suffer from extremely heavy periods so I'm used to bleeding alot but this, this was out of control! I'm just glad it slowed Down. Went back to dr to check this morning and I had iud put in so now bleeding us back but definately not bad at all.

I'm glad it slowed down. I haven't bled really bad this time around and hope I don't start now that I said it lol.

Ya! Thank goodness. OB put in my iud too and so far so good ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->