Posting here again for some advice

Knifey

Reaction score
For me the past few months have been a rough journey where I have been very sick and pingponged between believing I was pregnant and believing it must just be a cyst. My boyfriend has gone from saying he was positive I was to thinking it was all in my head to thinking I was again. Point is we're not sure.

When all the sickness started we took a test. I had bad morning sickness and my boobs were super sore. There was a faint positive line. We ignored it and waited another month before I got a blood test. It came out negative. After that every urine test and a second blood test came out negative. When I had the second blood test I would have been 23ish weeks, which a friend of mine said my hormone lvls would have dropped and not shown in the test. Don't know if that's true.

When I went for my first ultrasound the dr. spent 10 minutes explaining why ultrasounds don't cure you and so it's pointless to get one done. He refused me one. The second attempt my obgyn felt the lump in my lower stomach, told me it was a loop of bowel, and refused me an ultrasound.

The past month I have been feeling bubble sensations in my lower stomach like goldfish swimming when I didn't have gas. I contributed it to my imagination. A week ago I felt a sensation so strong behind my bellybutton like a strong tap. I was sure it was a kick. I felt it a few more times in different areas. I felt my stomach up above my bellybutton is hard and i feel a mass in there. Sometimes I feel what can only be described as squirming. Other times I feel normal except I get tired very easily.

The past week I have also felt morning sickness again. I get full and can't eat all that much without getting sick. I also get this pressure low in my pelvis and it feels like I have to poop when I don't. The pain goes away after a few minutes and comes and goes throughout the day. I went to the er due to these pains. I explained to the dr how I thought I was pregnant and how my mother didn't show positive on tests until she was 7 months pregnant. He said "we're not talking about your mom". He ignored my elevated blood pressure and my swollen eyes which I had woken up with and could not explain and told me that I had a bowel obstruction without even examining me. He said it was against hospital rules to give me an ultrasound unless I could prove I was pregnant. He ignored that I had a history of cysts. He also ignored that recently my feet have been tingling and numb as well as my hands. My bf's mom who doesn't know about any of this thinks the cramping is a uti and my feet and hands are poor circulation. I have had increased white creamy discharge really bad this month, but it doesn't have an odor.

Last month I thought I was showing. I went from a somewhat flat tummy to a bump under my bellybutton. It did look like I could just be gaining weight. However, this month the bump has moved up more center and I am round. It scares my boyfriend because he doesn't think it looks like normal weight gain. (I posted the pictures a few posts down). Point is I don't know what's happening to me. Last six months have been hell. Everywhere I go since I'm testing negative nobody will have anything to do with me. How can I go about getting an ultrasound without being turned away? Is this all in my head?

Hi :flower:

Sorry but I can't quite believe what I've just read here. If you are having all these symptoms what kind of doctor is refusing to do any kind of examination to check what is going on?! Even if it is a cyst or, as he says, a 'loop of bowel', aren't these things that should be investigated and cured?? He has even mentioned a bowel obstruction. That is a dangerous condition!!!

Have you tried going straight to hospital and demanding to be seen or trying another doctor? I'm sorry but the docs you have seen sound like they shouldn't even be doing the job!! You even say you have elevated blood pressure.

Is the NHS really so cash-strapped now that they can't just do one ultrasound to see if you are pregnant or not?

PS: You haven't said in your post whether your periods have stopped or not?

x

Hi :flower:

Sorry but I can't quite believe what I've just read here. If you are having all these symptoms what kind of doctor is refusing to do any kind of examination to check what is going on?! Even if it is a cyst or, as he says, a 'loop of bowel', aren't these things that should be investigated and cured?? He has even mentioned a bowel obstruction. That is a dangerous condition!!!

Have you tried going straight to hospital and demanding to be seen or trying another doctor? I'm sorry but the docs you have seen sound like they shouldn't even be doing the job!! You even say you have elevated blood pressure.

Is the NHS really so cash-strapped now that they can't just do one ultrasound to see if you are pregnant or not?

PS: You haven't said in your post whether your periods have stopped or not?

x

I have PCOS and usually don't have periods. I started losing weight in May and actually started bleeding regularly once I moved in with my boyfriend. I was bleeding on the 15th of every month. I haven't bled since then. However, when I said I thought I was pregnant five months ago a dr put me on the pill so I have been taking that. I had breakthrough bleeding once early on really light, but since then I haven't bled at all. Two drs refused me at a hospital, at the er. One dr even said a bunch of people had been coming in with cramps due to stomach flu and gave me a paper on ab pain, even though it was pelvis that had been hurting. They were so unorganized at the hospital the emt that took me to the er told them my story, the nurse stared blankly, and once they left she looked at me and said "so how long have you been bleeding?" I looked at her dumbfounded and said "nowhere did they say I was bleeding. I haven't bled in months" and she went "oh...i thought that's what they said." She hadn't listened at all and she was admitting me. I've tried going to the er multiple times.

didn't want to read and run hun, but how bad is your doctor...I take it you live in USA? Or did I read that wrong in your previous posts :blush:

It is possible for the mind to play tricks on our bodies...it could very well be that you are thinking these symptoms rather than suffering but you could also very well be PG the only way to find out is an US and I really hope you find somewhere to get one. I'd imagine that as you are paying you have every right to guide your treatment/medicakl attention?

I hope you get the result you want xx :hugs:

This is shocking! You really need to keep putting pressure on the docs as they need to check this out! If it is a bowel obstruction this is something that could end up requiring surgery so they need to get it checked out!! Hope you get some answers very soon!

x

didn't want to read and run hun, but how bad is your doctor...I take it you live in USA? Or did I read that wrong in your previous posts :blush:

It is possible for the mind to play tricks on our bodies...it could very well be that you are thinking these symptoms rather than suffering but you could also very well be PG the only way to find out is an US and I really hope you find somewhere to get one. I'd imagine that as you are paying you have every right to guide your treatment/medicakl attention?

I hope you get the result you want xx :hugs:

Yeah it's the USA. I pay 200 dollars just to wait in a hospital for 5 hours and then after being seen for 2 minutes be told to go home and sent away with a paper explaining nothing. My bf thinks I need to be assertive, but every time I try I fail. I get so frustrated begging for an u/s and then get told to shut up because they dont think I need one. I even have vivid nightmares about it now.

also, thanks. <3

also, thanks. <3

Your welcome, not much advice for you I am afraid...I am so new to this myself but really hope you get to the bottom of it soon, sounds horrible for you.

Take care

:hugs:

Where are you at in the US if you are? Do you have insurance?

If you do have insurance you OB CAN NOT deny you an ultrasound if you request one. Your insurance is what pays for that.

If I were you I would make an appt. with your OB/GYN and demand an ultrasound, if they deny you, file a grievence against them.

As far as your symptoms, it could be a number of things. With you having PCOS, I would think your OB would want to rule out everything and to do that, I would think an ultrasound and blood work would be routine. That's what my OB does here in Arkansas. If after an ultrasound is performed by your OB and he rules out everything that has to do with the female system, he should refer you to a different doctor.

I will be praying for you hun. I can only imagine what you could be going through.:hugs:

I wanted to post pictures to show everyone my stomach. I don't know if it's a possible bump or swelling or just weight gain. :shrug:

https://i347.photobucket.com/albums/p456/ManaRosie/Self%20Portrait/Photoon2010-06-09at1402.jpg That is me about 5 or 6 months ago. My normal weight was 170-180 and I was in a size 12. I was working hard to lose weight and for the first time since I found out I had PCOS I was actually getting small and the weight was dropping.

https://i347.photobucket.com/albums/p456/ManaRosie/Photoon2011-12-26at16003.jpg This was right before Christmas. A month before I randomly gained 10 lbs. By December I hit 200 lbs. I got the bump under my bellybutton which I thought could just be weight gain. My boobs were no longer sore, but they had gone up two 1/2 cup sizes.

https://i347.photobucket.com/albums/p456/ManaRosie/DSCF2ddd835.jpg Then this is this month. I haven't weighed myself because I'm too afraid to lol. It's sort of driving me crazy.

Why on earth would a doctor put you on the pill when you say you think you're pregnant??

My god, we're going to see our doc tonight to see if he can start some fertility testing - I'm a bit worried to go now as he may not know what he's on about at all :haha:

We may as well all just diagnose ourselves girls - it's safer! x

Where are you at in the US if you are? Do you have insurance?

If you do have insurance you OB CAN NOT deny you an ultrasound if you request one. Your insurance is what pays for that.

If I were you I would make an appt. with your OB/GYN and demand an ultrasound, if they deny you, file a grievence against them.

As far as your symptoms, it could be a number of things. With you having PCOS, I would think your OB would want to rule out everything and to do that, I would think an ultrasound and blood work would be routine. That's what my OB does here in Arkansas. If after an ultrasound is performed by your OB and he rules out everything that has to do with the female system, he should refer you to a different doctor.

I will be praying for you hun. I can only imagine what you could be going through.:hugs:

Thanks for the prayers. It is really tough here right now.

I don't have an actual obgyn since I've moved here and I do have insurance, though I don't know for how much longer.

Why on earth would a doctor put you on the pill when you say you think you're pregnant??

My god, we're going to see our doc tonight to see if he can start some fertility testing - I'm a bit worried to go now as he may not know what he's on about at all :haha:

We may as well all just diagnose ourselves girls - it's safer! x

Well when I told him I hadn't been feeling well he said it was probably hormonal since I did have PCOS. It was the first time I had seen the dr so he didn't really know me at all.

https://www.pregnancy-bliss.co.uk/phantompregnancy.html

the thing is I did not have a strong desire to become pregnant. I was actually the opposite and we were not trying. I also still don't believe 100% I'm pregnant. I don't know if I am or not, I just can't ignore everything else that's wrong. The symptoms showed up, I got worried, I looked into it and they matched up with a possible time I could have conceived. I just don't know what 's going on or if I'm getting false negatives or what.

I have no idea about medical care in other countries, but here for example, you can just go to private OB/GYN who'll do your pelvic exam and internal scan for 75€ and will tell you for sure if you're pregnant or not. It'll only cost you 12.50€ if you have insurance. Will send you off for blood work if needed as well. I just don't get it, why not try other doctors, private doctors, if you're convinced you might be pregnant. Ask your relatives/friends to recommend you one, if you don't know how else to do it.

I have no idea about medical care in other countries, but here for example, you can just go to private OB/GYN who'll do your pelvic exam and internal scan for 75€ and will tell you for sure if you're pregnant or not. It'll only cost you 12.50€ if you have insurance. Will send you off for blood work if needed as well. I just don't get it, why not try other doctors, private doctors, if you're convinced you might be pregnant. Ask your relatives/friends to recommend you one, if you don't know how else to do it.

I don't have any family at all nor do I have friends that live anywhere near me. I moved to live with my boyfriend a few months ago and I have his family, but they cannot really recommend me to anyone nor can I afford another copay to get another new obgyn who will turn me away. I guess I don't know where to go or what to say to get an ultrasound because I'm sick of telling new drs who dont know me or have any connection to me half the story before they cut me off and send me away.

Ok this is naughty and I am a bad person for suggesting it but stuff it, you sound desperate and nobody will help you.

Go to your nearest ER complaining of symptoms of eptopic pregnancy.

They will HAVE to do an ultrasound on you.

Then you will have your answer.

i hope you get an answer! x x

I hope you get an answer. I would go back to your ob/gyn and demand to be scanned if they can't refuse you.

I hope you get an answer. I would go back to your ob/gyn and demand to be scanned if they can't refuse you.

My bf thinks that it is illegal for them to refuse me like they have since I am the one paying for it. Is this true, does anyone know?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"