postnatal flab etc.

RedString

Reaction score
Just curious as to how others have dealt with it? I know it doesn't stay there forever. Also, stretch marks? How long does it take them to fade? Cuz Adrian's almost three weeks old, and they're still the same shade of purple they were at 32 weeks. I'm contemplating painting them black and having a "tiger tattoo" belly. :hissy:

So yes, the baby fat, as they call it, and stretch marks. Thanks Ladies! :D:D

Depends on your genetics.
I am very pale and have drier skin. It's been six months and I still have visible pink marks. Mine had faded considerably by about three months, I think.
As for the fat, I breastfed exclusively for the first 8 weeks and had lost 25lbs by the six week mark and another 15 by the 5 month mark. I still have 10 to go.
I feel like my shape has changed a bit, though. My body is storing the fat differently than before.
You have to be patient, but as long as you eat healthily and get regular gentle exercise, it will come off. They say nine months to put it on, nine to tke it off, and I think that's probably pretty true for most of us.

I had BAD stretchmarks. I'm at the 8 month mark today actually and my stretchmarks are almost invisible now. It takes a longgg time. I didn't use bio-oil or anything because I felt like I was wasting my money.

If you had a c-section its going to take longer for your stomach to go back to normal. Mine is finally retaking shape although I still have weight on. Also, I find that before I start my period I look SEVERELY pregnant and gross.

At 4 months (after c-section):

My flab... well my body ain't what it used to be!! But I have lost most of the weight (I lost most of it in the first 3 weeks actually).. it's just the last few pounds that I can't shake.. I have a lot of firming and toning to do definitely. I couldn't start earlier because of the state of my incision.

My stretchmarks... fading. Slowly but surely. I wish I could just wake up one day and they'd be gone... They aren't as "deep" as they were when I was pregnant but still there and very visible.

It take 5 years for mine to die right down and just look like snail trails lol....now im pregnant with baby no2.. im sure they will will appear with avengance, im very pale. so mine show pretty badly...

Stretch mark wise mine appeared after birth so theyre a bit "behind" theyre almost gone 7 months on but some days they still show up purplish.

Flab wise ... im busting my butt doing sit ups each day and dieting and its slowly but surely going. I did only start 4 weeks ago though

Mine all went by 5 months. When I say went I mean faded to white.

I still have a baby pouch which I hatehatehate so i'm trying to lose a bit more weight. I'm close to my prepreg weight but my body has just changed a lot so I know Ill never be where I was before. Makes me a bit jealous when I see my friends toned, stretchmark free tums, but they dont have my Amelie. I know what one I'd rather have!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->