Postpartum anxiety/OCD/ hypochondria

Preggo79

Reaction score
I gave birth few weeks ago through a planned c-section and I've been dealing with a really bad postpartum anxiety/depression/hypochondria...you name it! Basically, I start every day being extremely sad, without any reason, start crying when I look at my beautiful baby and my other child and start worrying about all kind of health things that are actually only in my mind, as my doctor always reassure me everything is ok with me or my children. Just to give you an example, my older child has a skin bacterial infection and the doctor assured me it's nothing serious and he will be better soon but I started worrying what if there'd be complications although these are extremely rare, almost non-existent.

When it comes to me, any pain, discomfort, sore, mole, new symptom etc is a sign of something serious, although I had them all checked by my doctor and was told it's really nothing to worry about. Everything looks just normal and in a way I know this is true! But my mind sometimes says differently!

My biggest enemy: dr. google! I try to stay away from it but sometimes I find myself googling symptoms, which I know can make anxiety even worse.
I'll start seeing a therapist in a week and have been on Zoloft for several day and hope everything will be fine soon.

Anyone dealt with this? How long did it take to get your anxiety cured? Any tips on how to relieve the anxiety symptoms?

Thanks.

hey, sorry to hear you're finding things hard right now.
Firstly, its important to note the hope in your post, and the fact that you can see that how you feel isn't logical.
I think alot of people have these some anxiety after birth, i know i was in absolute shock, in a constant state of panic and crying all the time but it did pass.
You've seen the dr and have therapy coming up, its great that you've reached out and are going to get the support you need to get through this.
I know for me i just had to wait it out and take each few hours as they came although i felt like running away alot especially during those first few weeks.
Is there anyone who can give you a break for a bit so you get space to calm down, i know if i'm in a panic i can't relax and just feel so wound up but if i can get a couple of hours to myself i can regain some calmness.

I have no help but I feel the same. I worry about everything, but to a point that I know isn't normal.

I feel crazy and I can never relax or calm down, and I always am thinking worst case scenario. Anytime LO shows a "symptom" of something, I get a gut ache and start worrying. I check her temp at least once a day because I'm always worried she has a fever (and she never has).

I have no help but to hang in there. I am also going to talk to a Dr about what I can do to help myself through this.

:hugs:

Everything you described sounds like OCD. Do you still take a prenatal vitamin? You should be taking a multi and make sure you're getting enough vitamin D, and B vitamins either in your diet or in your multi, especially B12.

Chamomile and Passion Flower teas help a lot. I think Chamomile is ok while nursing, but I'm not sure about Passion Flower. Something that works very very well (**but ONLY if you're not nursing!!!!**) is L-Theanine. It's an amino acid you can buy in health food stores.

Otherwise, try to be mindful and in the moment. Meditation will help if it's possible, as will sunshine and regular exercise. Good luck!!

I am not a doctor so don't take this as medical advice. This is only what has worked for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->