Postpartum Exam after C-section?

nnaime

Blessed Mother of 2 little ones
Reaction score
Hello ladies,
Did any of you have an internal exam at your postpartum appointment? Did you feel it was necessary?
I have a lot of anxiety about my C-section even weeks later with my incision healed and I'm really nervous for my appointment :nope:

No hun. All they did was check the incision and stomach muscles x

no internal exam, and I've had 2 c-sections. They just check the incision and make sure all with the surgery was fine. Don't worry!

Yes. They check to make sure my cervix was back to normal.

Updating to let you all know what my experience was at my pp exam.
They wanted to do a pap smear at my apt which i wasn't aware of (obv) I told them I didn't want the internal exam and after a bit of back and forth about how I should do the exam I was able to decline and they just checked the incision and that was it.
A waste of time if you ask me

glad you didn't have to do the internal exam! but it's definitely not a waste of time to get your incision checked - doctors have a better eye for healing and infections that we do. I personally know 2 women whose incisions got infected and they didn't even know. always better to check and make sure all is well!

They checked my wound before I left the hospital.

At my 6 week exam, we talked and they screened me for PPD. He asked questions about my wound but did not look at my wound or anything else.

For reference, my 6 week checks after my VBACs went similarly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->