postpartum hemorrhage...scared of it coming back :/

tropicsgirl

Reaction score
Hi! I had my daughter 2 weeks ago. I had bleeding which pretty much stopped a week after giving birth. Then, 3 nights ago I woke up with cramps and all of a sudden a huge gush of bright red blood came out. I had to change my pad and then a few minutes later I had a huge cramp and another gush of blood and I felt something "big" coming out. It was a blood clot the size of my hand!

I took put the blood clot in a bag so the doctor could look at it and went to the ER. Once at the ER the bleeding slowed down. But it was such a scary experience...and so unexpected. They did a ultrasound at the ER and "thought" there might be something left in there but they weren't positive...thankfully they said I wouldn't need a D&C and instead gave me some medicine to get my uterus to contract. I took it for a day and had more bleeding, but no clots.

I went to the doctor yesterday and she did another ultrasound and said it seemed normal to her. But she said I "could" still pass another clot but didn't think I needed a D&C.

So confused! I have cramping everyday right now and the bleeding has lessened but not let up yet. I'm scared I'll have another clot or lots of bleeding...anyone else experience this?

No experience just wanted to say that must have been really scary. I know with my midwife she said you are still 'at risk' of those things for at least six weeks. She reminded me to take it easy and remember that as a Mom your body went through a lot so try not to push yourself at all for those six weeks and allow your body to heal up. I'd feel reassured by the ultrasound that you should be okay now but if ever in doubt I would seek medical opinion because it's always better safe than sorry :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->