• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Potty shot at 12 weeks!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

hmusgrove

Reaction score
I got a potty shot today. I'm only 12 weeks, but the tech asked me if I wanted to know what it was, and of course we do! She said it looks like a boy, and she called in 2 other techs that also said boy. I honestly didn't think you could tell this early, but I'm going to attach the picture they gave me. I can see why they say boy, but how accurate is this?

baby3..jpg

At 14 weeks with my 2nd baby, they told me it was boy...and they were very wrong. Definately a little princess. Its way too early! I'm surprised that a technician would try to guess THIS early.

At this point, the genitals kind of look the same... The clitoris is elongated and kinda looks penis-y. I wouldn't count on it for accuracy! It will be fun for you to see for your next ultrasound if they're right or wrong!

I think it kind of looks like a girl to me....but I wouldn't trust it either way. Too early!

They could b right, but my little girls scan was like this as all the bits r swollen they can look the same xx

they are not supposed to say anything to you as the bits look exactly the same at this age and you cannot tell...

i would call up and report that.....alot of people get severe depression from gender disappointment....then saying stuff like this , this early can put a person in jeopardy. I would definitely call them up as that was unprofessional action. Even if it was fun.

I had my baby at 14 weeks and u couldn't see if it was a boy or girl by the parts. We knew she was a girl because of chromosome tests xxx

Don't start painting the nursery blue just yet. 12 weeks is just too early to be sure. I had one friend who announced he was expecting pink at 12 weeks and he got blue.

Could go either way, I actually think it looks more girly. Make sure you update us when you find out :)

I would have said girl based on that potty shot, but I'm not a tech. 12 weeks is still far too early for a definitive gender to be seen, so don't count on a boy just yet!

Agree you shouldn't count on it 100%, but I'd say it looks like a boy. At this point, I had a dr tell me there should be three distinct lines if it were a girl, and that doesn't seem to be the case.

But hopefuly by next scan you should be able to tell for sure!

I don't know about 12 weeks, but the ultrasound tech at my OB's office does gender reveals from 13 weeks on, and she said she's only been wrong once in all her years of doing it. So obviously there's SOME way of telling the difference. But like others said, don't go painting the nursery.

I disagree with the person saying you should report her. She did ask you first.

Thank you everyone! :) I'm not going to report her, I never would! I'm not upset at all, if it's a boy it's a boy! I just want a healthy baby! I just wanted some input on what other people thought based on the picture. I know it's not 100% :)

Look up "hamburger sign" and "turtle sign" in regards to gender on ultrasound.

Hamburger = girl, turtle = boy. I would say your baby is showing like a hamburger, but at 12 weeks, even boys can show that way. Still fun to guess :)

I say report her because that was extremely unprofessional to do even if you asked her or she aked you. It is not supposed to be done until week 16. Gender disappointment is real and some people do really horrible things because of it and it can hit anyone as well as severe depression. Im not saying to report her to be mean Im saying it as it can really hurt people and shouldn't be done, there not supposed to do that.
also some people think they know what it is really do get it right lots of time, its called guessing and some of better at it then others...also others have better intuition then others but if you ever seen a video of a babies gestation 12 weeks i would say at least 85 percent look the same.

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/p...-read-gender-predictions-gender-guessing.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"