Potty/Toilet Training Advice - Training Pants?

Pingu

Mummy to 2 xx
Reaction score
Hi All, I am looking for some advice re Potty Training

My DD has been potty training for 3 weeks now and is doing well, she understands that she needs to use the potty/toilet and will go there when needed but she does not pull down her underwear to go so we have numerous wet undies and clothes. If she tells me she needs to go then I will help her take them down but she tends to go without telling me. She can pull down her clothes but does not seem to understand that she needs to when she uses the toilet. She also attends preschool and refuses to use their toilet/potty so she has a few accidents there. I am trying to avoid using training pants to not confuse her but I feel like we have hit a brick wall with it.

Has anyone else had a similar problem or used training pants? Any advice? xx

No real advice, but thinking maybe you could just put her in loose pj pants or similar for a few days around the house. They are super easy to pull down and without undies on she would feel any leaks/drips straight away.

It might just get her into the habit of pulling her pants off to pee :)

Have you seen dry like me pads? Basically they are similar to sanitary pads and will catch some spillage - I was looking at them for the boys for when I start x

If it has only been 3 weeks, you haven't hit a brick wall. It just can take longer than that. I would not use training pants because they are just diapers. Just keep up with what you are doing and it will sink in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->