Potty training tips?!

L

lepaskilf

So we are potty training, Tom has just gone 2, he is really good at remembering the to go on the potty when in the house with no bottoms on. But with nappy/training pants/undies on he just doesn't register!!

How do I help him make the transition???

hmmmmm
have you tried letting him pick his own pants at the shop.
we did this with taylor he chose george ones (peppa pig) and didnt want to wet them so it kinda helped.
its just gunna take practise, just keep pressing on with the leaving underpants on!
good luck xx

We did the same with Chloe, let her choose the knickers of her choice [she chose Peppa too lol] and told her peppa doesn't want to get wet and whenever she had an accident she would say 'oh no peppa wet, how sad' lol.

We did it through the summer so was abit easier as when at home and in the garden we just let her run around with no bottoms on.

Good luck

Thanks for the advice but I don't think that'll work for Tom. He doesn't really take a huge interest in choosing things and thinking them as special.... he is only just 2 though so maybe it's an age thing, and as he gets older he will be more aware.

He loves Peppa pig too so I will give it a try though, it might work! Thanks :o)

So we are potty training, Tom has just gone 2, he is really good at remembering the to go on the potty when in the house with no bottoms on. But with nappy/training pants/undies on he just doesn't register!!

How do I help him make the transition???
Well, there are a couple options... One is to skip the underwear and just wear pants for a period of time. Another option is to just go straight to underwear and wait until he gets it. With my son, I never did the bottomless approach, but I did switch cold-turkey to underwear. We had about a month of accidents with slow incremental progress toward toilet use. After about a month and a half, he was pretty reliable. He was closer to 3, but could have done it sooner if my husband (stay at home parent) was ready to make the commitment.

FernT, what is with all the creepy, weird comments you have been leaving on old threads regarding children being naked and potty training? Highly suspect. Disgusting, actually. Please leave!

Did you report the posts meep? You need to click on tools and then report. I have done it but they might get removed faster if more than one person report them.

They seem to have gone now, so that's good. Still freaked out though - whatever the reason behind the posts, it was downright bizarre and makes you wonder who else is searching these forums for questionable reasons.

Ugh no they are still there, sorry! Going to report now.

I think I’ve reports most of them now too, can’t believe they’ve been up there so long, some of them are really disturbing.

I reported the member but didn't have time to go through all the posts to report individually. I may actually go through now there was one in particular that really annoyed me

FernT, what is with all the creepy, weird comments you have been leaving on old threads regarding children being naked and potty training? Highly suspect. Disgusting, actually. Please leave!

I've reported the comments a couple of times

Oh thank gosh its not just me who has reported this fool !!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->