• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Potty Training

We introduced the potty to my older boys at about 18mo old, just put it in there, encouraged them to sit on it, told them what it was for, but never pushed it. Then just watched for them to be ready. My oldest potty trained daytime in 1wk at 2 1/2....he wore pullups at night for a couple more months though. My middle son potty trained fully, day and night, in 2wks at almost 25mo. When they started showing signs of being ready we let them run around the house naked, there were a few accidents but they learned really quick how to recognize when they needed to go and it didn't take long at all. We taught them to sit at first but within a couple weeks of them getting it down with no accidents we showed them how to stand and aim at the water....they loved that haha

We didn't start training SS until he was almost 3, but that is because he wasn't living with us full time until then. I really don't know if he was ready sooner or not.

He DID NOT like the potty chair at all, he only used it maybe twice (waste of $25!!!), he wanted to be on the "big potty".

He has been trained sitting down. He is actually big for his age, people always think he is older, but he is still not quite tall enough to stand and pee. Also I don't think he has the coordination yet to do it without it going everywhere!!!

It took... hmm maybe 2-3 months in pull ups, then we went to "big boy" underwear. It didn't take very long for him to pee on the potty most of the time, but it was hell trying to get him to poop... he would go hide somewhere and do it!!

Now it's been about 6-7 months since we started, and he has very occasional accidents (pee) but not very often at all.

Hi ColtonsMom

We waited until Freya was good and ready. For her, that meant nearly 3. It went very smoothly, and we only had a couple of 'accidents'. Much as I was looking forward to the end of nappies (diapers :)), I really didn't want to push her if she wasn't ready. Every child is different, but I believe that there is little benefit to be had from pushing a child who is too young/not ready.

Colton will start to show interest as and when he is ready. Encourage that, but remember that he may start off keen and then lose interest for a while altogether. Just take it easy, and let him set the pace.

Good luck!

we done the same really, did try it at just after daisy was 2 as the weather was really warm so she was in the garden in her bikini most of the time so it was easier but once the weather changed she wouldnt go near a pair of knickers!
so we waited until the day after her 3rd bday and she just done it over night, shes had 1 accident since and that was on the second day.

i know people who have started early (when they are ready and not the child)
and all they seem to do it clean up puddles of pee and change wet underwear!

goodluck!

oh and another thing, we have one of those fisher price pottys that plays tunes when they wee/poo in it, flushes & has the toilet roll thing and believe me after the 100th wee the batteries come out!!!

it is sooooooooo annoying! :dohh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->