Potty Training!!

The Catster

Mummy of 2 girls!!!!!!!!!
Reaction score
Can any one offer me any advice????

My Grace is 2 years 7months and I have been trying to Potty Train her for what seems to be ages!!! (About 6 months)

I started by introducing a potty and buying a book about this little girl going on her potty....we put stickers on her potty to make it her own. She doesn't like to sit on her potty...and actually used to get quite upset when I put her on it. So then I bought a step and a toilet seat...again didn't like that either!! I leave her nappy off and at first had a few accidents but now she doesn't have any accidents at all...when she wants a wee she claims she is tired, so I put a nappy on her and cover her up etc...then 5 mins later she gets up with a full nappy(wee).

So I went out and bought an all singing and dancing toilet (£30)...she sits on it ok, no probs...but just won't have a wee...about 2 weeks ago she had a wee on it but I think it was a total fluke...my DH got really ill a little after this so potty training went out the window abit...so now its just back to the norm, with Grace in a nappy all the time....
When she is about to have a poo, I ask her if she wants to go on her potty and she says 'NO' quite abruptly...I don't want to upset her and make her fear the whole poo/wee thing!????

What can I do now???? Has anyone any advice 4 me???? I am confused????

Thanks in Advance xx:hugs:

I'd be scared if my loo sang to me :rofl: Only joking :D

I got no advice but I know Kandoo use to do a little reward type chart for toilet trianing it was called 'Kandoo Potty training Passport' not sure if they would still have them (I still have one that I originally got for sis) Tel number was 0800 0157462 you could try! I believe some Kandoo sets have mini versions of this though in with their Kandoo toilet training system packs! Just an idea anyway :D

You could try the nappy over the potty?

The other thing that springs to mind (and bear with my very tired ramblings here) is that some kids have a fear of getting rid of bodily waste. So while she's happy to go in a nappy and have that taken away and cleaned, the thought of a part of his body falling into something, even as little as a potty, might absolutely terrify her. *If* that's the case and you think that he's otherwise ready and able to control those bodily functions, then a few stories and pictures about toilet habits may well do the trick. There's lots of silly little books about poo, etc around if you have a look. From what you've described that's the route I'd take for now. It's a fairly common thing, but people tend not to talk about it much.

Also, if that doesn't work, I would be tempted to completely back off and not even mention the idea of the potty or loo for a few weeks (maybe even put the potty away ) and try and get her to come up with the idea of doing it herself. Maybe put the potty away together, somewhere where she could get it out herself when she decides the time is right and talk about when she's a bit bigger she will probably *want* to do wees/poos on the potty and to find it then/let you know

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->