Potty Training

mama2connor

Baking baby number 3.
Reaction score
OK so my son is 3 years old now, and we've been trying to potty train from about 2 - 2 1/2 years old. He will never use the potty, but loves using the big toilet which is no problem. The thing is, once i put his pants on, he seems to get abit panicy and asks for a nappy on. I try to distract him and ask him if he would like to go to the ''big boys'' toilet but he screams bloody murder until i put him a nappy on. He seems to fine with having no nappy on for all of 5-10 minutes and thats when he starts. He goes to nursery 5 days a week from 1:00pm until 3:30pm and they have started hinting to me that he should be pretty much potty trained by now and shouldnt be wearing nappies. I feel terrible, and have tried as much as possible to keep his pants on but like i said he just wants to wear a nappy all of the time. I'm not sure if he's being lazy, or is just taking longer to grasp the whole potty training thing. Any sugestions what we could do, or try? I'm being as enthusiastic as i can be with him, and once he does his buisness on the loo we are praising him to no end.

I wouldn't worry about it, my little boy has only been wearing proper pants for 2 weeks, but has had no accidents & has done really well wearing them, i was getting worried that he would never be toilet trainedr & be wearing his nappies forever. Your little boy will get there, sounds like you are doing all the right things for him, so he'll do it pretty soon, i'm sure!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->