Pram buying for team yellow?

Mrs RC

Lucas' Mummy!
Reaction score
Hi All

we're staying on team yellow - but I want to get the iCandy Cherry in Mulberry (https://www.mumsnet.com/Reviews/PushchairsFromBirth/848?off=0&rank_rev_by=0 the purple one!)

OH thinks this is girlie and if MiniR is a boy it won't suit him! What do you think - is purple a girly colour?!?!

xx

when we were originally going 4 team yellow my oh liked that colour 4 both girl and boy.

I personally wouldn't buy a purple pram if there was a chance it could be a boy - but then I'm not the one pushing it :)

I have a dark purple and grey pram and it looks great for boy or girl.....in the pics on that link I think the purple looks a bit more lilac so I would say it is more girly - sorry!

Oh I wish we had those over here in the states, they look so nice and cozy.

It does look a little more appropriate for a girl in the pic but WOW! it's gorgeous anyway. I'd wanna buy it just because it's so pretty :laugh2: xx

It does look a little more appropriate for a girl in the pic but WOW! it's gorgeous anyway. I'd wanna buy it just because it's so pretty :laugh2: xx

I knw it is so lovely...but maybe you are all right and it is a little girly. OH just said that just cos I want a purple pram is not a reason to finout if we're on team pink or blue at our next scan in the new year...I think he is wrong. It seems a perfectly good reason to me! :haha:

We have order the Icandy Cherry in Blueberry. We just loved the colour and I would have bought it whether we were having a boy or a girl.

We have order the Icandy Cherry in Blueberry. We just loved the colour and I would have bought it whether we were having a boy or a girl.

Thanks! maybe I just need to work on OH a little more to get the mulberry one!!

xx

It's dark purple and so I think its fairly unisex.

We went for red (as I wanted to stay away from black)

it's lovely, but I would not go for it. We had the same problem. The one I want was the M&P ultima in black with polka dots but a few people said it was too girly. Then when we went to order it the sales guy said it would be great for a girl, before I even said anything so that put me right off and I went for something more sex neutral

it's lovely, but I would not go for it. We had the same problem. The one I want was the M&P ultima in black with polka dots but a few people said it was too girly. Then when we went to order it the sales guy said it would be great for a girl, before I even said anything so that put me right off and I went for something more sex neutral

Thanks Chele - what did you go for in the end?

x

this is what I wanted
https://mamasandpapas.scene7.com/is/image/mamasandpapas/ProductImageTemplate?$mainImg=is%7Bmamasandpapas%2F259818701%3Fscl%3D1%7D&$bottomLeft=is%7Bmamasandpapas%2F%3Fscl%3D1%7D&$bottomRight=is%7Bmamasandpapas%2F%3Fscl%3D1%7D&$topLeft=is%7Bmamasandpapas%2Fsave200priceorange%3Fscl%3D1%7D&$topRight=is%7Bmamasandpapas%2F%3Fscl%3D1%7D&$large_img$

this is what I got

https://mamasandpapas.scene7.com/is/image/mamasandpapas/ProductImageTemplate?$mainImg=is%7Bmamasandpapas%2F259717901%3Fscl%3D1%7D&$bottomLeft=is%7Bmamasandpapas%2F%3Fscl%3D1%7D&$bottomRight=is%7Bmamasandpapas%2F%3Fscl%3D1%7D&$topLeft=is%7Bmamasandpapas%2Fsave200priceorange%3Fscl%3D1%7D&$topRight=is%7Bmamasandpapas%2F%3Fscl%3D1%7D&$large_img$

ooh i love the polka dots....but can see why you got the other one! Maybe I should rethink the purple pram.

x

I'm looking at the cherry in mulberry as well and I have no idea whether we're having a boy or girl. My friend has it for her little boy as its not such a girly purple really, I think it works well for either.

That is the only bad thing about the cherry though - the colours! Why can't they make it in plain black ;-(

I just looked at it and I love it! I would want to see it in person to get a really good idea of the colour but, from the picture, I would get it in purple for a boy or girl as it is that little bit more vibrant compared to a standard gender neutral beige. I wouldn't assume there was a girl in there just by looking at the buggy. And the reviews i've read are really good.

If the colour is a bit more lilac than the picture looks then I'm not sure if I would change my mind though..

Am going for a black pram but am thinking can buy coloured accessories later on to suit the baby!

:happydance:I'm team yellow too!:happydance:
I don't want to find out until he/she gets here. I never even thought about unisex prams! eek... Will the little boy really care that he had a purple pram? Its just so beautiful- I'd buy it!

Cat
xxx

I think that looks quite girly hun - try going for a more neutral colour...ultimately, it's your choice. :thumbup:

:happydance:I'm team yellow too!:happydance:
I don't want to find out until he/she gets here. I never even thought about unisex prams! eek... Will the little boy really care that he had a purple pram? Its just so beautiful- I'd buy it!

Cat
xxx

my thought was that I know the little one won't mind what colour it's pushed around in, but people seeing a certain colour pram might expect to see a certain sex baby in the pram and be surprised. And sometimes if you're baby is in neutral they might automatically assume it's a s/he and then be really embarrassed!! Lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->