*prayers please*

.Babyh0pes.

Reaction score
Here's my story...

I have PCOS. Irregular periods. No medications, nothing. Me & DH have been trying for going on three years. Last night I had unbearable cramps that landed me in the ER. I got my period Monday night, but the cramps barley started happening yesterday evening. They took a lot of blood work & when the doctor came in he told me that I got a positive pregnancy test, but he thinks that I may be having an early miscarriage. It's still too early to tell. They said I'm barley a week. And my hcg number is 36.91. I have to go back in a couple of days to see if my number is doubling or not. The cramping lasted an hour and half.. I'm still bleeding like a heavy period. Someone please share similar stories and give me hope or just let me know that you will pray for me. I don't know wether to be happy or sad.

I don't know what to say other than lying down might help with the cramping and keeping really hydrated. If you're low in progesterone this can help relax your uterus too but your doctor would need to assess that. From what I've read about PCOS you may have high estrogen/low progesterone so it might be worth investigating:shrug:

Either way congratulations, h&h9m and I hope you feel better soon!

Im no help in the advice department i dont know anything about pcos sorry but alot of women here have bleeding and still have healthy preg i will def keep you and your little bean in my thoughts and prayers gl fx for you

Lie down, put your feet up and drink lots of water.

I'm really hoping for the best for you!!! Are you soaking pads in an hour or passing huge clots?

Lie down, put your feet up and drink lots of water.

I'm really hoping for the best for you!!! Are you soaking pads in an hour or passing huge clots?

Thank you so very much! Well I can't lye down.. I work in an office so luckily I do sit all day. I'm drinking a lot of water. I'm not soaking pads, but I do have clots. :(

How big of clots? I had clots with my bleeding and they were the size of pencil eraser shavings. My doctor told me that was nothing, and if i started passing clots the size of my fist or hand, then I need to worry.

How big of clots? I had clots with my bleeding and they were the size of pencil eraser shavings. My doctor told me that was nothing, and if i started passing clots the size of my fist or hand, then I need to worry.

The biggest clot I've had so far, was as big as a dollar coin.

Has the bleeding stopped or are you still having a heavy flow?

I really hope you get some good news tomorrow!! Fx

It sounds like most of my natural miscarriages but I wanted to add that some women have actual periods or period-like symptoms during pregnancy. It's called break-through bleeding and it usually happens around the time you'd get your period naturally. I know of a case where the girl didn't know she was pregnant until she was 3 or 4 months along because she had a period every month like clockwork. Her mom finally brought her in for a checkup because she was sick so much, not eating but gaining weight. Turned out that it wasn't a persistant stomach bug but a bad case of morning sickness.

Well.. Lab results came back.. My numbers dropped.. Have an ulta sound tomorrow to see what's going on in there.. :(

At lease I know I CAN conceive though.

Thx everyone.

Very sorry things didn't work out and hope to see you back soon.

Hello! First of all, I'm very sorry that you are going through this and my prayers are with you.

I don't know if this is advice per say but I thought sharing my story may help. I have PCOS as well. I was diagnosed a year ago and my doctor put me on Metformin. At first I was on 500mg per day and I was not getting a period at all. After three months my doctor gave me provera to induce a period and increased my dosage to 1000mg per day. I eventually began to get periods about every 45-60 days which was a huge improvement. When my husband and I became more serious about trying to conceive the doctor prescribed me clomid. I did two rounds of 50mg where I did not ovulate. On my third round she increased my dosage to 100mg and I got pregnant. Unfortunately I had a missed miscarriage at 8 1/2 weeks and a d&c at 9 weeks (2 1/2 weeks ago). The doctor was pretty certain that my miscarriage was not due to the pcos/meds but just the fact that they're common. As a precaution, when I do get pregnant again she plans to give me progesterone suppositories to help support the corpus luteum in early pregnancy (i had a corpus luteum cyst that ruptured at 6 1/2 weeks). So my point is I would definitely talk to your doctor about medication(s). They've made the ttc process a lot less stressful for my husband and I and I still take my metformin and plan to start clomid again when the time is right. I remind myself the same thing you did. You CAN and DID get pregnant which means you can again! I hope you get some answers and I'm wishing you lots of sticky baby dust! I know how devastating a loss can be, I'm still working through my grief, so best of luck to you!:hugs:

Hello! First of all, I'm very sorry that you are going through this and my prayers are with you.

I don't know if this is advice per say but I thought sharing my story may help. I have PCOS as well. I was diagnosed a year ago and my doctor put me on Metformin. At first I was on 500mg per day and I was not getting a period at all. After three months my doctor gave me provera to induce a period and increased my dosage to 1000mg per day. I eventually began to get periods about every 45-60 days which was a huge improvement. When my husband and I became more serious about trying to conceive the doctor prescribed me clomid. I did two rounds of 50mg where I did not ovulate. On my third round she increased my dosage to 100mg and I got pregnant. Unfortunately I had a missed miscarriage at 8 1/2 weeks and a d&c at 9 weeks (2 1/2 weeks ago). The doctor was pretty certain that my miscarriage was not due to the pcos/meds but just the fact that they're common. As a precaution, when I do get pregnant again she plans to give me progesterone suppositories to help support the corpus luteum in early pregnancy (i had a corpus luteum cyst that ruptured at 6 1/2 weeks). So my point is I would definitely talk to your doctor about medication(s). They've made the ttc process a lot less stressful for my husband and I and I still take my metformin and plan to start clomid again when the time is right. I remind myself the same thing you did. You CAN and DID get pregnant which means you can again! I hope you get some answers and I'm wishing you lots of sticky baby dust! I know how devastating a loss can be, I'm still working through my grief, so best of luck to you!:hugs:

Thank you so much for sharing your story with me! :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->