pre-eclampsia, 38 week induction & yellow bump turned beautifully pink! Long story :)

Congratulations :). I've been trying to read loads of positive or good induction labours. I'm getting induced in around 5 weeks time due to Type One Diabetes and reading the induction stories are making me smile. I giggled at the 'want me to cancel the epidural then?!' bit haha ;).

Sounds like you handled it all well :). Shes a cutie too :D

Congratulations :). I've been trying to read loads of positive or good induction labours. I'm getting induced in around 5 weeks time due to Type One Diabetes and reading the induction stories are making me smile. I giggled at the 'want me to cancel the epidural then?!' bit haha ;).

Sounds like you handled it all well :). Shes a cutie too :D

I was really, really scared of being induced, especially as it was early - I was worried that because I wasn't really ready to go into labour, it would be a problem, but as you can see it was really fine, even though my body definitely wasn't ready to start with. I think induction isn't ideal, but when there's a medical condition it's just one of those necessary things, and there are so many people with positive induction experiences, and it was just really straightforward for me too. I think so long as you keep a fairly open mind about your birth plan it'll be just grand :) Best of luck x

aww i know how hard a back labour can be congratulations hun x

I just reread your story after I saw it has been bumped up in my subscribed threads, I ended up being induced, too because of low fluids, rising BP and a headache. I was 37+5 and it took 24 hours total - I was not "favorable", 1cm dilated and very posterior and thick. I was very lucky because as soon as I started actively dilating (immediately after they broke my water after 22 hours of contractions), the anesthesiologist was there in 10 or 15 minutes. You were so strong to go through them for that long!

I also progressed very fast and thought that that "need to push" feeling couldn't have been legitimate at first, but I went from 1.5cm to 8-9cm in just about 30 minutes. Crazy!

Congrats again!

I just reread your story after I saw it has been bumped up in my subscribed threads, I ended up being induced, too because of low fluids, rising BP and a headache. I was 37+5 and it took 24 hours total - I was not "favorable", 1cm dilated and very posterior and thick. I was very lucky because as soon as I started actively dilating (immediately after they broke my water after 22 hours of contractions), the anesthesiologist was there in 10 or 15 minutes. You were so strong to go through them for that long!

I also progressed very fast and thought that that "need to push" feeling couldn't have been legitimate at first, but I went from 1.5cm to 8-9cm in just about 30 minutes. Crazy!

Congrats again!

Aw congratulations to you too!! Nah I wasn't really being 'strong', my 'contractions' were really very mild until after they broke my waters - more like not-too-bad period pains - really until then there wasn't much to put up with at all and they only got unbearable just over an hour before delivery! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->