Pre-eclampsia, did you get it again?

I had pre e at the end of my pregnancy with my DD and never got it with my DS. Theres only 16 months between them so I was sure id get it again

I developed blurred vision, headaches, dizziness and lots of swelling at about 32 weeks. Went to labour ward I had +2 protein in my urine and blood pressure was 142/90. They admitted me for bedrest for 2 days and took blood. No pre eclampsia. After being discharged from hospital I saw my midwife, blood pressure high again, +1 protein so back to hospital, bloods shows no pre eclampsia. Sent home told to rest. Swelling continued, I was literally covered in fluid from head to toe, people didn't recognise me cause I was so big and puffy. Protein remained in my urine till I was admitted for induction at 38 weeks. Still no pre eclampsia though yet all the signs were there. I spoke to the midwife last week, she told me I'm likely to suffer again with this one.

that sounds so scary Vicky Lou! what where they looking for in your blood?

I always have high BP but after birth it went very high - like 192/115, then I developed protein in my urine. For my hospital that was enough to diagnose me with pre e. With my blood tests they were looking for kidney and liver function - which was always ok.

that sounds so scary Vicky Lou! what where they looking for in your blood?

I always have high BP but after birth it went very high - like 192/115, then I developed protein in my urine. For my hospital that was enough to diagnose me with pre e. With my blood tests they were looking for kidney and liver function - which was always ok.

I'm not actually sure what they were looking for to be honest. I just assumed pre e, I don't really know much about it and at the time I didn't think to ask many questions. Alls I was told is that the bloods didn't show signs of pre e?? Is that not correct then? I've read so many threads on here and other forums and it would appear I did have pre e cause of all my symptoms but was never actually diagnosed. I'm dreading getting the fluid this time if it happens again. I was in so much pain and literally massive. I gained almost 5 stone with my last pregnancy but a lot of that was the fluid all over my body. Xx

As far as blood tests go, they look at your liver function and kidney function when diagnosing pre e.

I had pre eclampsia with my twins. Im 35 weeks with a singleton and so far so good :)

I am not sure if I had answered this or not yet.. But I will answer it again if I had answered it..

With my son I had sever pre eclampsia. I had high blood pressure right from around 20 or so weeks. With my Second son it was totally different. I did get induced sooner with him as I started to show signs of High blood pressure around 36 weeks and they did not want to risk it getting any worse so they induce me at 38 weeks just in case. Every pregnancy is different, I do not believe that just because you had it in one means you will get it in all of your pregnancies.

I had pre e twice! Just waiting for it to happen again now on my third. For me all signs are there but the blood tests don't officially confirm pre e. The swelling was so bad with my first that after delivery I got pulmonary edema and high bp. My normal bp is 95/67 with pre e it goes to 140/90 which is very high for me. This comes with headaches, 5 pounds of fluid overnight etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->