Pre-natal vitamins = headaches?

joyalan

Reaction score
Just curious if anyone else on here has made the connection between taking pre-natal vitamins and headaches. I am approx on CD 12, and have a mild headache for weeks. It isn't bad enough to take a pain reliever for, however it lingers and fades throughout the day. Before taking the pre-natals, I rarely had headaches (except after getting tipsy the night before!). I remember taking regular vitamins about 4 years ago, and they gave me headaches, similar to this. Now, unfortunately, it looks like the pre-natal ones are also :dohh:

I've been taking the vitamins randomly, whenever I remember, usually one a day, sometimes one every other day.

Any ideas or suggestions on these headaches? I don't want to stop taking them, because obviously they are important!

Thanks!

I used to get them, when I told my OBGYN he said it could be my body reacting to actually having more vitamins than used to. He suggested getting on a pre-natal that had lower doses until my body adjusted to the change.

In my situation I never took prenatals or any types of vitamins until I found out I was pregnant so I believe he may have been right when suggesting it was an adjustment thing.

Thanks for the input! I think I will try cutting them in half... that should lessen them to an amount that my body can adjust to, and then maybe go back to a full pill in a couple weeks or so. =)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->