Pre TTC chat with Doctor

Thanks for the friend request! It really is reassuring to share some crazy. Apparently the last girl at woman that was pregnant started being really mean to everyone. I hope that's not me either, I'd cry.

:) Your welcome, and yeah its nice, when your told you a little crazy its like :sad2: I'm so alone, but its nice to know that really you aren't and your normal (well as normal as crazy can be!)

Awwwww I'm sure you won't be mean, I will probably turn into pregnazilla, but OH is well prepared for that! You might go the other way and be really cheerful and carefree(heres to hoping)

Edit:: I just read that back to myself and that sounded wrong, not saying you are miserable and grumpy now I just mean more cheerful and carefree :blush:

I can sympathise I am starting to suffer from probably mild anxiety/panic attacks. Usually I am totally chilled out, but my husband and I live in Canada and all our family and friends in Scotland. We have been here 3 years but since i had Euan i have felt so isolated as Husband is at work all week and as much as I get out for short periods its tough. To top it all off I pay the mortgage and am supposed to go back to work in Feb, we both work 12 hour shifts combinations of days and nights and we cannot find anyone to look after our little guy. Our only option is a nanny agency which is mega expensive and we cant afford, so right now I am trying to find a new job which aint going to happen. I have the no sleeping at night, breathlessness, chest pains and headaches but am coping with it ok. Its just very stressful.

In regards to taking Ibuprofen... it is safe once in a while in the first 2 trimesters, but its a non steroidal which is hard on your tummy and can cause bleeding. In the 3rd it has been known to close a major blood vessel in the babies heart and can be fatal for baby. Its quite rare I think but its to be avoided esp in late pregnancy.

quite clearly I meant the last girl at work in my last post. Brain works faster than hands sometimes.
You're not far off :blush: My moods can be really off sometimes, a girl at uni said she found it hard to get on with me because I ran hot and cold. I completely understand what she means now, did get help at one point. But like you take it all in my stride and try to be as out of my shell as I can and just say what's on my mind. Hence sometimes giving tmi on here!

I can sympathise I am starting to suffer from probably mild anxiety/panic attacks. Usually I am totally chilled out, but my husband and I live in Canada and all our family and friends in Scotland. We have been here 3 years but since i had Euan i have felt so isolated as Husband is at work all week and as much as I get out for short periods its tough. To top it all off I pay the mortgage and am supposed to go back to work in Feb, we both work 12 hour shifts combinations of days and nights and we cannot find anyone to look after our little guy. Our only option is a nanny agency which is mega expensive and we cant afford, so right now I am trying to find a new job which aint going to happen. I have the no sleeping at night, breathlessness, chest pains and headaches but am coping with it ok. Its just very stressful.
:hugs:

Really wishing you the best of luck looking for that elusive job x

Edit: seem to have broken the quote thingy.

I am coming to terms with the fact that I am most likely not going to find one. I am a RN and getting a day job in this country is super hard. The whole system is based on seniority so if your the best person for the job BUT you are up against someone with 10 years more experience in the health system they get the job. Its crazy and all the jobs for days are filled with applicants way more senior than me. I will keep looking for childcare and Husband is thinking about taking a leave of abscence from his job.. i am hoping to be pg going back to work and only have to work for short time before i can get a year off again.

I don't blame you for only wanting to go back for a short while. That method of employment sounds horrid, just coz you've done a job longer doesn't necessarily mean you have more skills!

I phoned my GP surgery yesterday to see if they could book me in with the Dr or nurse for a pre-TTC appointment. They said that it is not something they do unless you know there is a problem. I didn't tell them when we intended to TTC or anything else, it was just an outright no. It's strange that different Dr's have different practices.

I phoned my GP surgery yesterday to see if they could book me in with the Dr or nurse for a pre-TTC appointment. They said that it is not something they do unless you know there is a problem. I didn't tell them when we intended to TTC or anything else, it was just an outright no. It's strange that different Dr's have different practices.

It is strange how different they can be. I recently had a pre TTC appointment with the doctor I had been using, but after talking with her, I decided she was not the doctor for me. She even seemed put out that I was asking questions about getting/being pregnant when I wasn't trying yet.

I have an appointment later today with a new doctor who was recommended by a friend. The nurse I spoke with to set up the appointment was very encouraging and said that the doctor loves to meet with people before hand.

So weird the difference between different GPs. My husband went to the docs a few weeks back and he got interogated about whether we planned to have children any time soon...and when he mentioned that we were thinking about it the doctor pretty much demanded that he made sure that I make an appointment a minimum of six months before :wacko:

I didn't tell the receptionist what I wanted. Just went to see the Dr and and said I was worried my hip pain would interfere with our plans. Then he talked me throught TTC and tried to write me a prescription for vitamins, asked me about medication and workied out that I'd weaned myself off months before. He almost forgot to check my hip!

Thanks everyone for your experiences. I was not even fussed about getting an appointment but thought it would be best. How do they know when you start TTC? Theoretically it means after 6 months of nothing when TTC you could go to the Dr and say you had been TTC for 12 months and they wouldn't know any different. Not that I would encourage anyone lying to their GP!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->