Pre TTC check up in the UK?

I am definitely asking doctor if I can arrange a smear when I go in tomorrow for a mole check up....I'm 23 and quite definitely sexually active now so they better not say no!!!!

I think it might be 23 when routine smears are started.

You know girls I'm not sure but you might be able to get a smear done at the GUM clinic with other STD tests. I think probably yes. You could give that a try if the GP won't do it.

I believe it's 25....I'm 23 and have never been offered a smear. My BF who is 22 requested one at her doctors earlier this year and was given one but I am sure she said she wouldn't have been offered one until she is 25.

I got a letter from my GP to 'invite me for a smear test' just a few days after my 25th birthday

I didn't realise that pre TTC check ups existed until I read this thread! When I asked for advice from my doctor I was simply told to come off the pill. And I'd figured that one out all for myself!

Hi -Just popped in from ttc to give my story, if no-one minds?

I went to my doc 2 weeks ago, re: coil removal and had my smear test at the same time ( it was due anyway). No bloods , no blood pressure, no advice - but then it is my fourth lol . I remember even with my first time ttc though, I didn't actually have anything done until my HPT came back positive and then I was told to make an appointment with the nurse for my ante- natal bloods, took a urine sample with me, which she dipped and she checked my blood pressure, height and weight and that was me -on my pregnancy journey lol.
Should add -I am a health worker so know my immunity status and no probs there!!
Prob depends on the doctor too.

BTW -in Scotland the age for beginning regular smear tests is 20, IMO 25 years is ridiculous - many ppl have been sexually active for a decade by then.

xx

It was the nurse that I saw yesterday for the mole check up - she isn't 100%sure about it so I will be seeing the doc next friday....it is the same doc that my hubby saw last week who gave him an interrogation about TTC (just because it was wearing a wedding ring apparently :wacko:)...

...the nurse said to definitely bring up that we will be trying next June so I'll see next week what happens :flower:

When you go is ask to get your blood pressure done, cholesterol levels checked (just to make sure, you dont have to be fat to have high cholesterol) and to check if your immunisations are up to date and if you dident have your rebella in your teens, id get your measal resestance checked.

Im 22 and have been sexual active since i was 15, if i wait till im 25 id have been sexualy active for 10 years. Im going to go ask for one after christmass.

When you go is ask to get your blood pressure done, cholesterol levels checked (just to make sure, you dont have to be fat to have high cholesterol) and to check if your immunisations are up to date and if you dident have your rebella in your teens, id get your measal resestance checked.

Hadn't thought about cholesterol (maybe because that is because I know I wouldn't like to give up my passion for cheese :blush:)

I had my blood pressure checked at work the other week and that was all good - but definitely need to get my Rubella checked because I don't specifically remember getting a booster since I was maybe 10 or 11 :wacko:

Do you have your Rubella booster with your Polio (those nasty drops on your tongue) as if so I know I was boostered at 16 or 17, I was a year late from the age your supposed to have it as my doctors somehow missed me!

Do you have your Rubella booster with your Polio (those nasty drops on your tongue) as if so I know I was boostered at 16 or 17, I was a year late from the age your supposed to have it as my doctors somehow missed me!

Nop, i think by the time i was old enough they stopped doing it as its supposed to last or something. Same as loads of people my age have has mumps in the last few years as they missed them out

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->