Pre washing question?

Sam292

Reaction score
Im about to start pre-washing my new nappies. The instructions say to wash them 4-5 times but do I just keep washing them continuously or do I have to dry them between each wash? Also does 40 degrees sound about right? Thanks:thumbup:

5 times is a bit extreme tbh!

just do a rinse, a 30/40 (depending on what your machine can do) with a teensy bit of detergent...and maybe another rinse if you can be bothered....then dry and just put on bubs for a little less longer than you normally would until its upto full absorbency!

No need washing 5 times over! Also no need to dry between washes, the spin does just fine and then can go straight onto next stage :thumbup:

hth

What are they made of? If they are synthetic, five times isn't really necessary...

All nappies need washing once, to remove the dressing used in manufacture. After that, bamboo and hemp will get more absorbent over the first 20 washes, but as they will be washed anyway, as long as you are aware that they will get more absorbent, and you may need to change a little more frequently until they reach full absorbency, you can use them. there is no need to dry between pre=washes, and there is no meed to use powder after the first wash. If you want to get them fully absorbent before using, just put through lots of washes without powder. In the present water restrictions, it's probably more responsible to just prewash once, and accept that you wo=ill need to change a bit more frequently at first!:winkwink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->