Pre-Washing reuseable nappies...

joeyjo

Mum to 2boys, growing #3
Reaction score
I have been advised to wash my new terry nappies 3 times, and that powder isn't necessary....

Do I have to let them dry between each wash

I have washed all my reusables once but mine are not terry. They say that they are not at there ful absorbancy until they have been washed 3 times, so as long as you know this then I'd just chuck them through the wash once, dry and use them. Im sure by the end of a week they will have been washed three times anyways! I just added a tiny bit of fairy non bio to mine.

x

edditted: just seen that youve not had bubbs yet, so yes I would wash them 3 times, do it over a week or so and let them dry on the line in between. This way they will be ready for the new bubba. Newborns wet loads so you would benefit from them being at there full absorbancy. Why did you go with terry hun?

I bought a selection of different types mainly cheap, 2nd hand or on special... I didn't want to spend a fortune on something we might give up on but i wanted a reasonable selection to give us the best chance of it working out for us

In new born/ one size fits all I got
little lamb terry fitteds new
some 2nd hand bambino mios
A few AIOs & pocket nappies - diff brands, 2nd hand
and a stack of new terry squares

the main reason for the terries was cost & as spares and also coz I can cut/fold them to make boosters etc if I don't need that many. We live in a building of 6 apartments with a shared washing machine so I need a plentiful supply of emergency nappies as although I can generally wash as and when I like there is sometimes other people stuff in there. Also the terries are meant to be the quickest drying and I am aware the baby will hog the washing machine I don't want to hog the tumbler and drying room too.

I read that you dont have to wait for them to dry between washes, just wait for th cycle to finish and put it back on again and do this 3 times then allow them to dry ready for use

I find my pockets dry quicker than the terries, the fitteds take by far the longest to dry.

Its good if you can dry them outside in the sun because if they have any stains on then the sun naturally bleaches them out and gets rid of them :D

I tend to bring stuff up to my apartment to dry rather than leaving it in the basement drying room - its quicker and it saves me a few trips up and down the stairs!
I put stuff on the balcony if its dry and not too windy or on frames indoors - we have a lot of glass windows so they are in sunlight but behind glass mostly so that doesn't work quite so well!

It would prob still work on the balcony if they get the sun on them x

I have fitted but I didn't let them dry in between I was too impatient to get Jack in them :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->