Precipital Labour-anyone else had one?

snoopdogg

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone else has had a precipital labour? My labour only lasted 20 minutes from first contraction from LO being born! I know this sound fantastic to lots of people but it was very painful (no time for pain relief) and if i had not luckly (beyond luck really) been in a hospital things could of gone so wrong as the cord was round LOs neck. Anyway my OH are thinking of trying for another but i am abit scared about the labour as our mw last time said we would pretty much have to have a home birth due to the speed of delivery. I also have visions of me being out and about had suddenly having to give birth as last time i really had no indiction that i was about to give birth and also i was only 36 week!
Ive done some research and in the US they will give you an induction if you have had a precipital labour but here in the UK it doesnt seem to be done.

Has anyone else experienced a labour like this? Any advice on births at home?

i dont have any experience with this but im sure you can talk over any concrns with your midwife if you become pregnant again, they may well allow you to be induced next time

My labour was very quick. I was examined after my waters went and was told i was 1cm. Didnt even have time to leave the hospital yet (45 mins later) and felt the urge to push. They refused to examine me and sent me home. I was in agony trying to hold her in for about 4 hours! Then had to try to convince them she was coming right at that second when i got back to the hospital as they still didnt believe me. Next thing we all knew, she was born into a pillow on the delivery room floor. I was 41 weeks though so not sure what they will do with me next time but i was also told to think about a home birth for future pregnancies.

I was 23 mins from first contraction to birth, however it was my third baby and I wont be having any more. My first 2 where 2hrs and 1.5 hrs so all very quick. They did suggest a home birth but I was induced so was in hospital. All labours are different and you may not be as quick next time, nut I would look into a home birth at least then you will be comfortable

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->