Precocious Puberty?

LexyAjMommy

Reaction score
Good Morning Mommies! Not sure if anyone else has experienced this but my DD is going to be 9 years old in a couple months. She is a beautiful little girl who grows daily in ways I am not ready for her too!!!

She was diagnosed with Precocious Puberty when she was 6 years old. Ger bone maturation found her to be almost 9 at that time. She is growing bbs and has hair under her arms and between her legs. She is questioning me about this and has become embarrassed because she is a cheerleader and she is the only one with hair under her arms. I have allowed her to shave it for games, since the top is a tank top. Was I wrong?

Is there anyone else who has this with a child or maybe for both kids? I have a DS who is 6 but am unsure of what signs to look for in him to see if he has it as well!!!

Side note- both my grandmother and my ex's grandmother both got AF at age of 9! HELP!!!!

Hi... I posted a thread about early puberty a while ago. Although my daughter hasn't been diagnosed with anything she has just turned 8 (on Thursday) and has hair under her arms, has had body odour for a few years, hair starting to grow between her legs etc.

This has yet to bother her so she hasn't shaved but she has just gone up to the juniors and the hair is quite noticeable so if she became embarrassed about it I would definitely let her shave. It's so hard but school is tough so if that makes her feel more comfortable then so be it. You could maybe get an electric shaver to be safer if you are concerned? I started AF when I was 10 so I am wholy expecting my daughter to be early :-(

Hi... I posted a thread about early puberty a while ago. Although my daughter hasn't been diagnosed with anything she has just turned 8 (on Thursday) and has hair under her arms, has had body odour for a few years, hair starting to grow between her legs etc.

This has yet to bother her so she hasn't shaved but she has just gone up to the juniors and the hair is quite noticeable so if she became embarrassed about it I would definitely let her shave. It's so hard but school is tough so if that makes her feel more comfortable then so be it. You could maybe get an electric shaver to be safer if you are concerned? I started AF when I was 10 so I am wholy expecting my daughter to be early :-(

Thank you so much for your reply!! I was 13 and I think my mom was too but like I said my grandmother and my ex's was 9. She is embarrassed more about her legs than anything else because she is a cheerleader so I have an intuition that I allow her to use and have taught her the right way to do it. She does under her arms and her legs but I told her to leave the hair between her legs alone. For now.

Thank you so much to know I'm not alone!!! She has to wear a bra ( I think more for comfort ) but she definitely has buds peeking out so I allow that. I am glad that I am doing the right thing for her! Thank you again!

No problem. So hard to see them growing up so early isn't it, just want to keep them babies! But I remember feeling self conscious and how horrible it is feeling different so anything to help that in my opinion.

No problem. So hard to see them growing up so early isn't it, just want to keep them babies! But I remember feeling self conscious and how horrible it is feeling different so anything to help that in my opinion.

Exactly!!! She is my first born so I'm like WOAH slow down there killer!! Got her cheerleading pictures last night god she looks so different from a year ago... Grown even!!! But it eases my mind to know that I am easing hers!

My daughter is 8 (9 in January) and is already wearing a bra and getting hair. She is as tall as a 12 year old. There is another 8 year old in her class, 9 in March who is the same.

What are the symptoms....now I am worried! And....what are the bad things about it?

I think precocious puberty is when there are signs of puberty before the age if 7 or 8, could be wrong though... Then there is usually a blood test and bone scan to see if their bone growth is above average.

My daughter is 8 (9 in January) and is already wearing a bra and getting hair. She is as tall as a 12 year old. There is another 8 year old in her class, 9 in March who is the same.

What are the symptoms....now I am worried! And....what are the bad things about it?

My daughters pediatrician was concerned about hair that she was getting under her arms and between her legs and they sent her for a bone scan.. she was 6 turning 7 and her bone scan showed her almost 9...

They wanted to do blood tests and inject her with hormones to see how her body reacted and if necessary give her growth hormones to stop it and I decided that it wasn't what I wanted and I wouldnt want to give her a needle every day for over 4 years... so we opted to let nature takes its course.

Do you think I should take my daughter in? I wouldnt want to give her needles either. :/

I think most girls start puberty around that age so I don't think you have anything to worry about.

I was just being nosy in this section :haha: but il try and help...

I started getting hair (legs,arms and between legs) and developing breasts ( noticeable!) at 6. I started my periods at 7 ( few moms after my birthday :wacko:) my mum went to dr who basically said i will have to get on with it. I was 5 ft 5 too at 7 and in a size 6 shoe. They didn't quite know if i would keep growing I to a giant ( I do wonder why they didn't do any investigation :shrug:). I ended up 5 ft 8 with size 7 feet so not a giant :haha:

It was difficult for me as I swam competively and people would comment. My mum never mentioned shaving etc or talked to me about it, eventually she did and that helped loads as I felt better about things then. I do recommend a lady shave electric razor at such a young age as its safer and more gentle on the skin :flower:

When the periods came I remember being at school, it was a full on heavy red bleed. I didn't know what was happening as nobody had spoken to me about it. I went home that day and changed my underwear thinking it would go away! It obviously didn't so I told my mum in tears. It was hard to u der stand so young as I thought I'd bleed every day for the rest of my life :rofl:. I would deff encourage talking with and reassuring your daughters before it starts if you feel they may be early. My nan got me a little diary to write how I feel and mark off when I got af. That helped a lot too. I think my mum to,d school too so they could just be aware, looking back I got special treatment during that time of the month I think prob as I was so very Young.

Fast forward 20 years....To my knowledge I'm ok. :thumbup: I have pcos and I don't think anyone could say if that is linked. My pcos gives me some grief but I am still fine.

Sorry ive kind of rambled on, I just know how worrying it must be from a mummy point of view so thought it may help from the "child" perspective. If I can help at all or any questions go ahead or drop me a pm xxxx:hugs:

Thanks! This was really helpful!! My daughter is 8, size 5 feet and is the size of a 12 year old....people actually think she is older than my 10 year old son! She wears a bra, and is starting to getbhair down there...and her legs are getting quite hairy too. I will kepp an eye on it, and odours. She also swims as she is on a competitive swim team, so I dont want her feeling self concious.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->