PreEclampsia question

wish4baby

Reaction score
So, I am on bed rest, in the hospital, so they can monitor me & baby. I'm 35+1.
2 days ago I was officially diagnosed with PE and admitted to the hospital.

My question is: the headache that I have had constantly since Monday - is it caused by high blood pressure? Or does just having PE give you a headache?

My BP is typically lowered to safe zone (140/90 or under) when I lay down & by staying very restful, but the headache never goes away completely! It may lessen a bit, but it's always there and always gets bad again. It does seem to be worse when I get up 160/100+, but there are times it's a bad headache & my pressure isn't that high. Seems like the HA would go away in the night when my BP is its lowest...but it doesn't :(

I've been googling and can't find any answers, so maybe someone here knows!
TIA

It's pre-e. Headaches that painkillers don't help are a classic symptom. Sorry to hear you're in hospital, but a fab gestation - all the best for a safe delivery of your little one x

Hi wish4baby I'm sorry to hear about your condition but is it a migraine type headache you get I'm currently experiencing one I've taken paracetamol and a codeine done all necessary like lie in dark room kept hydrated etc and nothing is moving it I've had it since 11 this morning xx

Wish when i had preeclampsia i had a heafache that never went away as well. I took Tylenol pm to sleep at nightband that seemed to help some.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->