Preeclampsia - second time round

Bea82

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I'm new on here so please excuse my lack of knowledge with regards abbreviations etc!! Just needed some other peoples help and experiences really. Basically, (keeping it short!) I have recently lost my first baby due to preeclampsia. Basically at 26 weeks pregnant I began to swell. It began with just my feet over a weekend. By the time I went to the doctors the following day, I had 3 + protein in my urine and very high blood pressure. I went into hosp immediately and was scanned. Our DD who had always been small for dates, had stopped growing 3 wks previous. It was very severe, and basically ended with me having HELLP, blood pressure which was at points 210/110 and very brisk reflexes (for which I was given magnesium sulphate). Due to all this, I had a c -section. My beautiful baby weighed 1lb 20z and lived for 5 days, we lost her on the 27th Sep 09. I'm now on the mend physically and have been given the go ahead to try to conceive again in Jan, as I just feel so empty. Obviously, getting pregnant again will be a very frightening experience, and I am very scared it will happen again. Has anyone had a very similar experience - early onset pre e? Did it happen again? I have read it should be less severe and later?? Any experiences to put my mind at rest a little would be good. I know there are no guarantees with this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->