Prefolds

Kezzybear

Reaction score
Hi ladies, What brand prefolds and cover did you use on your newborn? How long do you use them for before changing to osfm or all in ones etc?

Or was there a newborn cloth nappy that you swear by that isn't a prefold?

I prefer fitteds to prefolds for newborns, they're a bit easier when you're bleary eyed and fumbling in the dark! Of course flats are a bit more customisable than fitteds (assuming you fold them around baby rather than simply folding them into a pad - I wouldn't recommend that with newborn poo!) so if you wanted flats, I'd go for terries as they wash and dry better than prefolds and are even more customisable. I think Birdseye flats have more or less the same advantages as terries, if they're more common where you are.

We used newborn nappies (mostly fitteds, some AIOs) for about the first month then gradually switched to bigger nappies. It depended on the brand really. There was one brand of OS nappies that fitted my newborn at 4 days old (didn't think to try if before that) and she wasn't a giant baby (7lb4oz at birth), most started fitting somewhere between 3 and 6 weeks old.

I prefer fitteds to prefolds for newborns, they're a bit easier when you're bleary eyed and fumbling in the dark! Of course flats are a bit more customisable than fitteds (assuming you fold them around baby rather than simply folding them into a pad - I wouldn't recommend that with newborn poo!) so if you wanted flats, I'd go for terries as they wash and dry better than prefolds and are even more customisable. I think Birdseye flats have more or less the same advantages as terries, if they're more common where you are.

We used newborn nappies (mostly fitteds, some AIOs) for about the first month then gradually switched to bigger nappies. It depended on the brand really. There was one brand of OS nappies that fitted my newborn at 4 days old (didn't think to try if before that) and she wasn't a giant baby (7lb4oz at birth), most started fitting somewhere between 3 and 6 weeks old.

Thank you! I'll have a look into fitteds for ideas. Xx

I haven't tried fitteds or flats, but I love my prefolds, especially for newborns. They're so customizable and are the only diapers that would around DD's skinny legs. No leaks!

I used (and still do) Real Baby prefolds and covers. Their covers are much the same as bummis super whisper wraps. Sophie has been in the crawler size for more than a year now.

Feronia- which brand do you use?

Minties-I'll look real baby up thanks!

Sorry! I wrote real nappy but my iPad changed it to baby.

I use Bummis prefolds and quite like them. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->