Preg? Symptoms help.

Momof4want1mo

Reaction score
Ok ladies. I new this this TTC and TWW forums and such. I have 4 other kids, but I was always super busy and never noticed until AF stood me up. So now need some help and maybe it's tmi but ohwell :) so tues, weds, and Thurs egg white cm. And Thurs/26th we did our thing. So now how long should I wait to test because my periods are very irregular... I have cravings and such before AF, so I'm using not those as symptoms lol. Thank you!!!!!

Its hard to say when you should test since I dont know how long your LP (luteal phase) is. But, in general, testing around 10DPO is an acceptable time to start testing. (but you might not get a + until your period is late) So, assuming you did actually O on the 26h, then you could start testing around Sunday the 5th.

If you are actively TTC again (not sure if you are, btu I assume you are!) I suggest trying a few things this time around.

First of all, I would highly suggest charting and temping, especially if your periods are irregular. Mine are as well due to PCOS so charting is really the only way that I am sure that I ovulate each month and the only way for me to tell when. If you have irregular periods, my guess is that you ovulate at a different time each month. Charting will help you figure out the signs of when you might ovulate each month and actually confirm when you have.

It'll also help you figure out your LP length, which is important to figure out. Because no matter when you ovulate, your LP is always the same. So, once you confirm that you did ovulate, you'll know exactly when to expect your period and when it's late.

The other thing you can also try are OPKs (ovulation predictor kits). They detect your LH surge which happens 12-48 hours before you ovulate. So, you can then have intercourse when you get a positive and get a few tries in before you release an egg. Typically, its best to have sperm waiting for the egg so having intercourse a few times before you ovulate is always best. (and just so you know, sperm can live for 3-5 days in your system, so it's best to try to get as much intercourse in a week before ovulation)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->