Pregnacare

Princess mama

Mummy to 2 gorgeous boys
Reaction score
Anyone on these in thier last trimester, how beneficial are they and whats the purpose of having them. Thank you ladies

I think it depends how good your diet is, I've continued to take my pregnancy vitamins to make sure I'm getting everything baby needs. My logic is they carry on growing until they come out and, although most bits are developed enough to survive, any more help I can give him can't hurt.

i had my folic acid pre conception and during the first 3 months and have a varried diet. My MW suggested after my last blood test last week to have them just to top my iron up.

Im still taking my vitamins and have been doing sence I found out I was pregnant.Think I will keep taking them untill after baby is born.Hope that helped :) xxx

I've continued to take them - gives me license to give free reign to my unhealthy diet cravings but still know I'm getting everything I & the LO needs!

i still take them (although i do forget sometimes!). My diet isnt that brilliant so it makes me feel less guilty if i take them lol :blush: x

i still take mine everyday...can only help! The box says can be taken right through pregnancy and BF!

xx

thank you ladies at first i was all in a flap becuase i thought it was a tablet and ive not had anything down my neck since being pregnant but then i realised its only vitamins lol.

I still take them (and have taken them for almost two years - since we started trying to conceive :blush: ). I also take a calcium supplement because my diet isn't very high in calcium.

My feeling is that they really cannot hurt and may well do some benefit (I have been off quite a few foods during pregnancy).

I will swap to the Pregnacare Breast Feeding tablets after birth (which include calcium - so I can drop the other calcium supplement).

I have been really quite well and healthy (husband has suspected swine flu, I got away witha VERY mild version of it - no fever and my chest was NOWHERE NEAR AS BAD: not sure if the Pregnacare helped me to stay healthy... :shrug: ).

(Touch wood!!!)

QT

yeh iv been the same as ou QTpie, managed to get through nearly 9 months with only a slight sniffle and people around me have been really ill. I go to uni as well which is full of bugs but touchwood, seem to have missed them. Dont know if this is down to the pregnacare but I like to think its had an input as my diet hasnt changed really since before i fell pregnant. I think they can only do good, but they are a bit pricey

I still take mine but only have a few days left so not sure whether to buy some more or not!

Growing a baby is the toughest thing that most human beings can do to their bodies (except for maybe competitive triathletes etc): it uses a lot of our reserves and takes our bodies MONTHS to recover from.

So unless we have a "spot on" diet (difficult to find the time to do that with a new baby), then a good multi-vitamin has to be of some benefit to aiding our recovery.

Be particularly careful with calcium (don't think normal pregnacare/pregnacare plus includes it) - especially, but not exclusively if breast feeding. Unless our diets are very high in calcium, baby has probably stolen quite a bit of their bones/teeth from our bones/teeth... which is why women can be particularly prone to osteoporosis (sp?)...

QT

I've been taking them too, but get the pregnancy multivitamins from supermarkets they're so much cheaper! Asda £2.92 for 30 tablets :)

I take the pregnacare with fish oils (found that iron in others gave me constipation, fish oils seem to help with that). I've felt really well up to now despite teaching primary children (several of whom have had swine flu) and my OH having flu too.

I asked the mw about this and she said after first tri not to bother taking them.

I take the pregnacare with the added omega to help brain development in the last tri :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->