Pregnancy after a section?!

SnowWhite90

Reaction score
Am just wondering, when does your womb heal and it would be safe to carry another pregnancy?!

LO is only 6days old today, not planning another baby for at least two years, am just curious!

Thanks in advance x

Hey, i heard that you have better chance of having a VBAC after a year of having a section as it gives your body and wound time to heal.

Hope this helps :flower: btw, congrats on your little bundle and i love the name Isabella x

Spoke to my dr the other week. She said they recommend leaving it 3 months before you start trying again, as long as everything has healed ok you should be fine to try again. As long as there's no complications, no reason why a vbac wouldn't be ok xx

My daughter just turned 4 months old. I had a csection and I am also currently 8 weeks and 3 days pregnant with baby number 2. My dr. is willing to attempt a VBAC and says the only concern would be my comfort level. I am completely healed but haven't given my body time to rest and the stretching of the scar is going to be a little painful and burn a bit but he believes if everything goes well during my pregnancy I will get my VBAC. He did say you should at least wait a yr or 2 before getting pregnant again...

I have pcos and my daughter was planned with fertility treatmeant..this second baby is a complete suprise I had no idea I was pregnant until my belly felt swollen and thought something was wrong with my csection scar.

I would wait at least 12 months give your body time to heal :) I'm eager to start trying again but im only 4 weeks post so have a long wait.

I was 6 months but I found the c section recovery harder because it was back to back surgery

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->