pregnancy after miscarriage- when to see the doc

S

scrubgrub

So I m/c in July at 7 w 6 d and am now 4 weeks pregnant. I am still super early, but am worrying so much. Every cramp I think I'm losing the baby again.
So my doc can't see me till 9 weeks, but I really want an assurance sooner. Do you think there is anything they could even tell if I went in at 5,6 or 7 weeks ( a whole 2 weeks earlier :rofl:) that could tell if things were good. I guess the day I m/c my hCG number was 75 so I wonder if my numbers were dropping much earlier. Shoot I wonder lots.
:rofl: I'm so neurotic. I also wonder if they WOULD even see me. Like they need another one of me in their office!

Any thoughts? For the ravings of a hormonal pregnant woman?

I totally understand what you mean, because I had a m/c between my two daughters and so I worry constantly too. But no, my doctor wouldn't see me any earlier. She said there is nothing they can do if I miscarry this early anyway and to just try to relax. (Now I am on my second doctor who said that, but I don't know how common it is.)

It can't hurt to call and explain your fears; who knows, maybe you will get a sympathetic doctor? But if they say no, just try to relax. I had a beautiful daughter after my m/c so it can work just fine.

Thanks. My friends who have m/c have babies now too. But I'm 29, 30 in April and I just can't help but think "what if it's not just a normal m/c" what if I've got problems.

guess I'll buy a bunch of 99cent store tests and pee on them and hope the lines get darker as a way to make me feel better.

I had a miscarriage in july aswell at about 6/7 weeks so i know how your feeling :( i'm now over 8 weeks pregnant now and not seeing the midwife until 27th Nov when i'll be over 12 weeks and i don't have a date for a scan yet. i can understand that you want reassurance as i want the same too but the medical profession don't seem to care about feelings. I hope everything goes ok for you ! xx :hug:

I live in the uk so its prob different but i have miscarried twice before this baby and both times I had a early scan to reassure me. It really depends where u live and ur doctor.
sure things will be fine. congrats hun.

I dont know how it works in america but is there anyway of seeing a different doctor and getting him to do a hcg test or to see your normal doctor and ask for one hun or like you said just keep peeing on pregnancy tests

Because I've had multiple mcs I was able to have early scans, but that's only because I went private.
I think unfortunately it's quite normal for you not to be seen until 8 weeks, lots of Drs won't even consider you "pregnant" until then. I know it's tough hun, if you're really desperate go and complain of serious cramps, that should get you seen.

oh well. guess it's down to peeing on sticks. I'm gonna try a new doc today, maybe she'll see my neurotic self.

Hope you get some positive responses from the new Doc and the sticks hun, fingers crossed it will all be ok this time xxxxxxxxxxxxx

I had a miscarriage last April and it took us quite a while to get our bfp again 1 1/2 yrs. I was also a wreck and my dr. didn't want to see my until 9-10 weeks so I just did blood work to check my hcg levels for the first four or so weeks

sweetnesss. So I used yelp.com how I look up almost everything, and found a doc with GREAT reviews, my insurance takes her. They can get me in to see her Nov 26 (said 8 weeks is when I should come in), but I told her what a nutto I am (actually I said I m/c in July), and she said oh "would you like to come in for blood and an ultrasound?"
So I'm going in on next Wednesday, Nov 5. I feel soooo relieved.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->