Pregnancy and the weakening of immune systems

jessschuck

Reaction score
It's drives me absolutely mad that I neve get sick, unless I'm pregnant, in which case I contract everything from a light cold to a full blown flu, and not only that but the recovery process is like, weeks. I read that when a woman becomes pregnant her immune systems weakens a bit so that her body does not see the baby as a threat, during this time your bodie's defenses are down and it's easier to get sick. I also read that some other hormonal changes contribute to that as well. Does anyone else seem to feel more susceptible to getting sick during pregnancy??? I hate this!

Yes! It definitely is not a myth. :)

Your immune system is down, so take care of yourself. Lots of rest and fluids. I got my flu shot (being discussed in another thread).

Last time I was pregnant, I caught strep throat from my nephews. I had never been that sick from strep before. I missed a week of work. It was awful. This time I will be super duper careful to not eat or drink after anyone and to take precautions against getting sick.

Yup I'm picking everything up when normally I'm never Ill xx

I'm always ill so it doesn't make much difference to me, but it does take me longer to recover. The only reason I tested in the first place was because I had a cold I couldn't get rid of!

Oh yeah, just got over a cold I picked up from a friend's little girl. I'm flying in a few weeks and I'm going to stock up on antibacterial wipes and gel! If I'm going to catch something, it's while I'm pregnant.

Yes, and it sucks you can't take anything good! I'm still shaking the tail end of a head cold.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->