pregnancy & baby list

buttonnose82

Wife & Mummy
Reaction score
hi girls, myself and DP are trying to come up with a list of things we will need during pregnancy and for the first year of baby, it's so we can come up with a rough budget to start working on :)

can anyone think of anything we have missed, we are trying to include all those little things that often get forgotten

so far we have

* Cot - rest of bedroom furniture is sorted
* Baby bedding - for cot, moses basket, pram blankets etc
* Pram - travel system so will include car seat
* Moses basket
* Travel Cot
* Baby bouncer seat
* Nappies - cloth nappies that I will be making myself
* Cloth wipes - I'll make them myself
* Changing mat - will get cheap mat and make yummy soft covers myself
* Breat pads - cloth ones i'll make myself
* Materniy pads for after birth bleeding
* Maternity clothing - bump band
* Nursing bra's
* Nursing tops / pj's
* Nursing pillow
* Bottles
* Breast pump
* Steriliser
* Baby clothing - not alot as will no doubt recieve lots as gifts
* Baby bath/bath support
* Baby products - baby bath, lotion, oil etc
* High Chair
* A few toys - playmat, cot mobile
* Pregnancy/baby books
* Baby monitor
* Sling/baby carrier
* BBT
* Pregnacare
* Home Safety - plug covers etc
* Baby Health - thermometre, nail clippers etc
* Changing bag
* Batteries for toys, monitors etc
* Glider Chair

Can anyone add anything we have missed :) it can be pregnancy , birth or anything for the first year

Hm, if you're anything like my then I'd add a few £££ for baby-books and also for toys. Because I can't control myself when it comes to either of those. :D

But you'll have to tell us about making the cloth nappies and wipes!!! Maybe in a new thread? Prettyplease?

Id budget for a playmat of sorts - always handy to amuse LO for a few mins! also u could get / ask for a bumbo to sit them in - very very handy. Most of my stuff people asked and I suggested , ended up having to fork out very little money myself.

Also if ur anything like me you will need breast pads nearer the time and maternity pads - but those are at a later date!.

For maternity clothing 'bump bands' are very good purchase (New Look) ive saved loads with those as i could wear non pregnancy jeans and tops with them.

You'll be suprised how much people say 'ive got one of those u can have' , so spread out your purchases!

Good Luck xxxx

Hm, if you're anything like my then I'd add a few £££ for baby-books and also for toys. Because I can't control myself when it comes to either of those. :D

But you'll have to tell us about making the cloth nappies and wipes!!! Maybe in a new thread? Prettyplease?

baby books, can't believe i forgot those, i can't waqit to buy some! oh and a few toys hehe

I am actually starting my own business making and selling cloth nappys, wipes, changing mats etc so will be showing off alot of my products as i get it all sorted hehe :)

Id budget for a playmat of sorts - always handy to amuse LO for a few mins! also u could get / ask for a bumbo to sit them in - very very handy. Most of my stuff people asked and I suggested , ended up having to fork out very little money myself.

Also if ur anything like me you will need breast pads nearer the time and maternity pads - but those are at a later date!.

For maternity clothing 'bump bands' are very good purchase (New Look) ive saved loads with those as i could wear non pregnancy jeans and tops with them.

You'll be suprised how much people say 'ive got one of those u can have' , so spread out your purchases!

Good Luck xxxx

i have seen those bump bands, will defo invest in one :)

Breast pads - again i plan on making my own cloth ones with the nappies and wipes so will add those to list, forgot about maternity mads for after, thanks!

are bumbo's any good, i really don't like the look of those so kinda was gonna avoid it hehe

Think the bands in New Look are 3 for £10 or somewhere close lol.

Well done you for being green :D I would if i found the time - lame excuse I know :p

Yeah Bumbos are, hes only in it a few mins a day and he loves to sit up so we got him one to help with his back so he doesnt learn to slouch as it were. Seems to help with his neck control too. He cant get out and I only use it on the floor so quite safe :) The bum part is lower so it stabalises them.

xxx

Attachments

• IMG_1714b.jpg
    IMG_1714b.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 6
Think the bands in New Look are 3 for £10 or somewhere close lol.

Well done you for being green :D I would if i found the time - lame excuse I know :p

Yeah Bumbos are, hes only in it a few mins a day and he loves to sit up so we got him one to help with his back so he doesnt learn to slouch as it were. Seems to help with his neck control too. He cant get out and I only use it on the floor so quite safe :) The bum part is lower so it stabalises them.

xxx

will look into it thanks :)

hey ive written a few lists divided into travel, feeding, bathing etc - wont write everything i put coz its soooo long but came to about 3000 minus nappies, toys, some decor for the nursery, and health insurance. its based on the average prices for everything u could possibly need for pregnancy, birth and first year inc hospital bag :) xxx hope that helps you :)

hey ive written a few lists divided into travel, feeding, bathing etc - wont write everything i put coz its soooo long but came to about 3000 minus nappies, toys, some decor for the nursery, and health insurance. its based on the average prices for everything u could possibly need for pregnancy, birth and first year inc hospital bag :) xxx hope that helps you :)

great thanks! thats actually less than i though so thats good hehe:happydance:

ahh and only things i think uve missed for first year is clothes...!! and some health n safety stuff? thermometers, maybe some locks n guards n stuff :p

yeah its really not that much :) and it was inc a really nice travel system as well :D just the 180000 that it supposedly costs until theyre 18.... eeeeek!!! xxx

Some baby nail scissors (I HATE nail clippers), scratch mits, bibs, muslin squares er.... did you have a car seat on your list?.... em.... camera if you don't have one :D The best thing I spent money on was my hypnobirthing course.

Things I wish I hadn't bothered with include my breast pump (hand expressing was SO much easier for me so you can have my hand pump if you want!) and the millions of baby clothes. I love books and although I've brought a fair few I'd recommend checking out your local library cause ours have a great baby book section.

I would check out your sure start as well. Cause I bought a breast pump and then found out they can provide you with an electric one which was much better. Also in some areas you can get your stairgates and locks either free or for very little money.

I would check out your sure start as well. Cause I bought a breast pump and then found out they can provide you with an electric one which was much better. Also in some areas you can get your stairgates and locks either free or for very little money.

Oooo... I'd like to know more about that!

Great list,
I know one of the sections on this forum has a sticky at the top with a thread about what to pack in hospital bag! really useful
xx

Oooo... I'd like to know more about that!

A friend of mine is under nottinghamshire county council and she got all her stairgates free and all safety catches free. Some really nice looking (oops of subject) man came and fitted it all for her.
I live under debyshire county council and they came fitted my stairgates etc for £10 a gate. Which is still really good.
All the information about the stair gates and breast pumps you can get from your health visitor/sure start centre. I dont think it is well publicised (dont think thats spelt right) though.

definitely nursing/breast pads. I started "leaking" at 25 weeks pregnant, so I went through a lot of them!

thanks girls for all the suggestions

can't believe i forgot to put a sling/baby carrier on tut!

Fab Thread!

I need something to concentrate now I'm going into cycle 7 TTC and I wondered if anyone over here had thought to make a PG list.

Fancy adding some TTC items too... like a BBT Thermometer?

Freecycle.org is a fab place to look for baby stuff - I bet you could get most things through there xxxx

A big sausage pillow to support your back and bump when in bed

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->