pregnancy + citalopram!

kimberleyc

Reaction score
Help!!
My fiance + I have decided to try for anothere baby (we have 3 boys already)
And I have been on citalopram since end of august last year (2011).
I'm petrified of falling pregnant on it as I have no idea if this might affect the baby. I'm on 30mg per day. Does anyone on here take it, or taken it whilst pregnant? Please help!

Hey, I was on citalopram and decided to get off of it to try for kids. It is not proven it has side effects but if u read some forums and info on it if I remember correctly the chances of having a child with cleft palate increases like 3this percent and things like that. My dr one time told me to tell him if we decided to try for kids then another time told me it didn't matter... so? Just do some reading and weigh the options I guess. If u have to have the medicine or not and what all it says. I was hard to get off of it though, decrease dosage a little at a time, otherwise ull be dizzy n sweat n have bad side effects of coming off it, at least I did. Hope this helps a little.

Hi hun.
I concieved my son on this. I was on 30mg too when I found I was expecting. As soon as i found out I asked doctor for 20mg ones. Took them for a week then Started to wean myself off them by breaking the 20mg tablet in half. It did say not to do this on the pack but I did it anyway. After another week I then broke them into a quater. This worked a treat and took me 3 weeks to wean off. I had no side effects as i had only took them for 6 months like you. My son is fine and thriving. Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->