Pregnancy Complication WARNING FOR PREGNANT WOMEN

HSDR2017

Reaction score
I'm sharing my knowledge to help other pregnant women. I created a blog for stillborn moms and to share my experiences, I am currently pregnant again (hence why I love this site!) and I felt the NEED to share this with all of you! Even if you don't think this could happen to you it can.

I was diagnosed with Pulmonary Embolism after I lost my son. So many people die of PE every year and I know they probably had symptoms they didn't realize were actually PE symtpoms. If this can help ANY OF YOU, then it serves it's purpose.

Here are the symptoms I had after my son was stillborn. BE AWARE - This can happen to anyone during or after pregnancy, even if you have taken birth control before, even if you're a smoker, even if you have NO RISK FACTORS for blood clots... this can happen to you and it happened to me.

My symptoms were as follows:
- Swelling in Feet and/or Legs (I couldn't fit into my 6 and 1/2 shoe size and needed an 8!)
- Pain in Legs after Epidural (I told the nurse it hurt to walk and she told me this was normal)
- Anxiety
- Voice Changes
- Sharp Twinges/Pains in Chest
- Shortness of Breath
- Cough
- Feeling that something was wrong
- Headaches and Migraines
- Feeling of Dehydration
- Extreme Thirst
-*Feeling of Being Unable to Take a Deep Breath*
- Weakness
- Tingling and/or Numbness
- Panic Attack(s)
- Asthma Attack

If you would like to read about the symptoms and how/when I experienced them, please refer to my post at https://stillbornmommy.com/2017/10/02/the-dangerous-pregnancy-complication-nobody-warns-you-about/

If anyone here has any of the above signs or symptoms, please take them seriously and find out what is causing them! The biggest symptom for me was the fact I had anxiety out of nowhere and it was brushed off as part of my son being stillborn.

Please share your experiences, it's always nice to know I'm not alone! :)

I'm sorry for the loss of your baby boy.
You're right, anyone can get blood clots after birth; they usually start in the leg and move to the lung. They def can be fatal!

My symptoms were I couldn't move my leg and passed out... I have had 9 pe's and one very large dvt. Sometimes you have nearly no symptoms too. Sorry you lost your baby, I lost my baby too xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->