Pregnancy & High Cholestral (Inherited not Diet Related)

TRINITY25_99

Mom of beautiful Caitlyn
Reaction score
Anyone else had pre-existing high cholestral (inherited not diet related) prior to getting pregnant and was taking meds to lower it (ie Lipitor) what are you doing to keep the cholestral levels down, or are you even not worrying about it.

Will you breastfeed a short period of time, in order to get back on your cholestral meds as soon as possible to get your levels down? That is if you decide to breastfeed at all.

Did you come off your cholestral meds prior to TTC, or did your pregnancy catch you by surprise and you were still on your meds, and came off right away?

*** I am 38 years old, I've had high cholestral since 16 years of age. The doctors did not want to put me on cholestral lowering meds at 16, they wanted to wait and test me again at 18 years old. Which they did, and I still have severely high cholestral, so they started me on a low dose of Lipitor, whoch gradly over the years became a high dose of Lipitor (80mg) PLUS another lowering med called Ezetrol. Our pregnancy was a happy surprise, and yes I was still taking my meds when I found out I was pregnant, though I came off them right away. I am now about 7 months into my pregancy, and I know that my cholestral is probably sky rocketed ... I plan on after I deliver, to breast feed for about a month, and get right back onto my cholestral meds, I was just wondering if anyone else was in a similar situation like myself. ***

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->