Pregnancy & IBS-Diarrhea

Rachel320

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Just looking for a bit of advice and support really. I'm 27 and 19 weeks pregnant with my first and over the last 2/3 weeks my IBS-D has flared up. I'm having loose tummy or upset tummy everyday.

I was prescribed codiene phosphate at the start of the pregnancy when it also flared, which is safe to take during pregnancy, but I try to avoid it as best as I can anyway (I don't even like taking paracetamol when pregnant!). Also, I think I'd need to be taking it everyday just now to control this which I really don't want to do.

Has anyone got any words of wisdom for me? It's really starting to get me down :( x

No words but sympathy.. I have Colitis and despite meds still having the worst flare I've ever had.

I have ibs-d and no gall bladder i feel your pain, avoid caffeine increase bulking fiber and eat one cup of rice a day to help a little bit

I've never been diagnosed but have no gallbladder and during pregnancy have horrible IBS symptoms.. just offering some sympathy, I hate it too!

Not sure if it would help you but my IBS was really bad when I was pregnant with my son. The doctor gave me colpermin which is peppermint oil capsules. It did help a bit. Not as much as the stuff I took before being pregnant but it was safe to take.

Imodium has been a lifesaver for me.

Thanks for the support and advice everyone.

I took Imodium in the past for my IBS too but my doctor and midwife have told me that I can't take it during pregnancy.

Also, I have tried colpermin in the past and it didn't work but might give it another go!

xx

Thanks for the support and advice everyone.

I took Imodium in the past for my IBS too but my doctor and midwife have told me that I can't take it during pregnancy.

Also, I have tried colpermin in the past and it didn't work but might give it another go!

xx

Imodium is on my list of safe drugs provided by my OBGYN, and I've actually taken it quit a bit. However, if you're in the UK, ours versions may have different ingredients.

I also had really bad IBS symptoms from 4 weeks to 18 weeks with loose stools every day, then I ran out of my pregnacare vitamins for a couple of days and the IBS improved massively. Might not be the cause for you but thought I would mention it. I've stopped taking them now and just having vitamin D and eating fruit and veg. Midwife said this was fine after 12 weeks x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->