Pregnancy right after Mirena Removal?

AshC2016

Reaction score
I am new to this so forgive me if I am posting this in the wrong section. I had mirena inserted for only 2 months and had it removed on Feb 5, 2016. I started heavy bleeding the very next day, Feb 6, 2016. The bleeding lasted for 4-5 days so I assumed it was my period. I also have not bled since and was expecting another period around the 6th of this month. I cramped all last week and a few days ago, I spotted. I have all the signs of pregnancy including very tender breasts, changes to my areolas, bloating, fatigue, and just feel like I felt when I was pregnant with my first child, but have yet to get a positive test. I called my obgyn's office and the nurse said if I got a negative to just go with that and assume it's just my body trying to still adjust to getting the mirena removed. I don't know if I am getting my hopes up and psyching myself out thinking that I am pregnant and possibly testing too early or if it really is my body still trying to readjust???

Anyone else conceive right after mirena removal? If so, how long before you got a positive test?

I had my mirena out in June 2015- still trying to conceive. It did take my body about a month and a half to adjust- and like you I didn't have a period until later in the month after removal. Do you temp (bbt) it helped me a lot to know where I was in my cycle... Just a thought that you might want to try :)

I also had my mirena for about 3 years, not a few months.

I had my mirena for 18 months. It was removed December 30th and I didn't have any bleeding at all for 2 weeks and then AF came it was only 24hrs of spotting though. I'm now onto cycle #3 and am still TTC.

There's a lady on one of the threads I'm in who had her mirena removed mid February and has gotten a BFP already! I think everyone is different and unfortunately it takes time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->