Pregnancy-Safe Eye Cream??

wlovew

Reaction score
I have been using Jan Marini eye cream for about a year now and I LOVE IT. Unfortunately I just googled if it's safe to use during pregnancy and due to the retinol in it, it's not. Can anybody recommend a good eye cream that's pregnancy-safe and actually works??

THANK YOU!!!!

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong but I have a hard time believing something you don't directly ingest is bad for baby. I have been using my retinol cream and honestly never really thought about it. I don't really think something you rub on your skin can really get into your blood stream enough to affect baby.

Yes they say avoid skin products that have retinol! Dermalogica intensive eye repair xx

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong but I have a hard time believing something you don't directly ingest is bad for baby. I have been using my retinol cream and honestly never really thought about it. I don't really think something you rub on your skin can really get into your blood stream enough to affect baby.

I want to agree with you but from all the research I've done it's just not something I'm willing to risk. I won't even use Proactiv anymore lol Anything you put ON your skin is absorbed into your bloodstream. Retinol has vitamin A and high doses of vitamin A has been linked to all kinds of bad in babies, from what I read. I'm paranoid enough as it is after having had a miscarriage! Guess I may just have to welcome the new look :wacko:

Hmm well I'm glad you both said that because I did some research on it and read the same things. Guess I'll stop....

Better to be safe than sorry, right!? Hopefully we can find a safe alternative. A woman in a pregnancy group on facebook I'm in recommended Rodan & Fields. It's FULL of different chemicals tho. I also read that just vitamin E oil is ok. Definitely talking to my OB about this next week!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->