Pregnancy test faded since last one??

MissR

R+R+J+Dot
Reaction score
I took a pregnancy test at 5+5 and it was a very dark strong line. Lately I've been getting small pains and my symptoms have basically stopped. I've been stressing about my scan on Monday and my sister said to take a test to ease my mind. I took one earlier and the line seems to be much lighter than the one that was on my 5 week one. Is this an indication of bad news or am I just being paranoid?? I am attaching a pic of 5 weeks on the top and new test (11+3) on the bottom x

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 16
A line is a line, please don't try to compare them as it really depends on concentration of wee etc. My tests after my 2nd test where never as strong but I def have 2 happy babies in my tummy x

I took a pregnancy test at 5+5 and it was a very dark strong line. Lately I've been getting small pains and my symptoms have basically stopped. I've been stressing about my scan on Monday and my sister said to take a test to ease my mind. I took one earlier and the line seems to be much lighter than the one that was on my 5 week one. Is this an indication of bad news or am I just being paranoid?? I am attaching a pic of 5 weeks on the top and new test (11+3) on the bottom x

I don't know a ton about taking pee tests later in your pregnancy, but I have heard the Hook Effect mentioned several times on these boards. Basically the HcG levels get too high for the tests to properly register- some people have had luck diluting their pee 50/50 with water and getting stronger results. As for symptoms I've heard they ease up after the first Tri, and you're getting close to that mark.

What I'm trying to say is don't get too paranoid. In all probability your little bean is just fine.

I got the hook effect really early in pregnancy - but I had the whole lighter test worry etc. Here is my thread if you wanted to read: https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/pregnancy-tests/2271545-hook-effect-updated-more-test-pics.html

Thanks so much everyone. Didn't know anything about this hook effect! Makes me feel a lot better. Still worried about Mondays scan but praying everything is good :) xx

Wishing you lots of luck for your scan, I'm having an early one in just over a week after a loss at 6 weeks last month so I'm scared too, I def think that's the hook effect, I had that with my youngest:) xxx

Sorry to hear about your loss oasis. I hope everything goes great for you on your scan :) xx

Try not to worry Hun, I've had 3 scans as I've got further along my lines have got lighter but there's deffinatly a healthy baby there as saw the little bundle last night :D. Its most probably more than likely the hook effect as mentioned xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->