Pregnancy/ Testing/ Parenting Dreams?

T

thompsonic

I copied and pasted this from my journal, because I'm too lazy to retype it...

In the last 4 days I've had four pregnancy/parental dreams. Never before have I had one, and I am just as maternal as I have been for a while, yet over the last four nights, every night, I've had a dream about being pregnant or having a baby. The first one I already posted about, when I had a little boy. It was pretty detailed and not realistic but felt real iykwim? The second was kinda blurry but I had a little girl called something like Destiny or Chaznay... names I would never choose. And I was pushing her in her buggy. Not really too much detail, just the overwhelming feelings or love towards her. Same the night after.

Last nights was so realistic I woke up and thought it was real, that it had actually happened. In it my friend was worrying about a missed period so another friend got out a large bag of pregnancy tests (why she had them I'll never know) and they were all ClearBlue conception indicator ones, apart from one pink old fashioned one with the lines. My friend Amber got that one, but was confused by it so I offered to swap (and I remember thinking in the dream, I won't tell her I know how because of all the BFP announcments on BnB!). We all did them and I saw my second line appearing so I shoved it in my bag and tried not to think about it. All my friends were got negative tests and stuff, and I said I had too. Then I put my bag in my room and went to sleep. The next morning I went to get something out of my bag, forgetting about the test. I picked it out and there were two lines, incredibly dark. I woke up and lay there thinking, what am I going to do, my mum will kill me. It took me a while to realised it was a dream because it all seemed so real.

Anyone know why I'm getting these dreams all of a sudden? I don't feel like much has changed in how I feel, yet this last week my body keeps going on and on about babies... Odd. My friend was all "Oooh, maybe you're pregnant." But I really doubt that tbh. I am just wondering why now? Why not last month, or the month before?

Has anyone else had this? No dreams then a surge of them? If so, what triggered them? In general, how many of you get dreams regarding motherhood at all, and how frequently?

Lots of questions for you ;)
Hope everyone is ok xx

I get dreams like that if iv been reading the bfp anouncments,

I think its been a few years since I had any preganancy dreams. I went through a spate of them once and I always seemed to be pregnant with twins lol (not likely in my family but I've always wanted twins for some reason).

I couldn't say what triggered them tbh but I do think I had them after I'd been feeling particularly broody and knowing it was a long time off before we could actually TTC. Also maybe on nights after I'd been around other people with their kids and just seeing how much joy they bring (I have one friend in particular with two little boys and whenever I see them together I'm super jealous and broody ;))

Here's hoping you have any more they are just the nice kind :D

- Dinah

Ugh I understand, for like the last week I've had pregnancy dreams. I end up getting BFPs and being pregnant. It is all very wierd, as I dont usually dream. These are the only ones I remember.

for the last month ive dreamt about giving birth(horrific) and/or being in hopsital with a newborn baby

i thought is was due to my best friend expecting but now i am too so i dunno if maybe our bodies just gear up for it or are preparing themselves for future or sommething :S

x

I've had two in the past month. Both of them have been me planning a baby shower for my very pregnant friend (who is only pregnant in my dream).

I have more dreams where I have a baby rather than BFP dreams. They are always really weird though. 2 stick in my mind, the first when I gave birth to a white rabbit. Everyone was congratulating me on my baby girl and cuddling this rabbit, and I was going out of my mind because that is not my baby, it is a rabbit! The second was an ultrasound and the tech pointed out the heart, the eyes, the spine and THREE legs. I was quite happy with this and so was she.

I did have my first BFP dream the other night and like you, woke up and felt like it was real and wanted to run out and buy a test!

Maybe when you are falling asleep you are thinking about what it will be like when you do take a test, and have a baby and it is coming out in your dreams.

I had one last week.. I randomly took a test for some reason and the second line was coming up really quick.. so I panicked and sent out the singer from Rise Against (I don't know either!! :haha:) to go get me another one and then that one came up negative :nope:.. then I went to a club and got smashed out my face haha

I never had any dreams regarding that .

I had a dream like this not that long ago to be honest, but its was very short! I was givin birth and after worryin it would be horrible, it was fine, then i was thinkin well that wasnt so bad!!! and that is all i can remember! They are so strange arent they!!!!

I had a pregnancy dream last night. It was very wierd because it wasnt me, I was a teenager and I was ashamed about being pregnant. My OH had left me and I was 7 months gone. Everywhere I went people were judging me and giving me a hard time.

I wonder if it means that I am a bit scared. Me and my other half have only been together 6 months but we have decided it feels right for us. Maybe I am worried about what people will think if I do get pregnant.They might think it's too soon.

Is 6 months too soon??

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->