Pregnancy Tests

Everlong

Reaction score
WORD OF CAUTION - having recently experienced an early miscarriage, I sought advice from the Early Pregnancy Assessment Unit and the senior nurse that I spoke to advised against using Clearblue Digital Tests as the they have had many women getting false positives and false negatives on them. EPAU use pink strip tests and so do other departments within the hospital (I work there as a midwife) i.e. gynae wards (For women about to undergo surgical procedures - who are tested to rule out pregnancy)and A&E departments. Despite Digi's being popular because it tells a women she's 'pregnant' it's worth considering information above as EPAU deal with pregnancy testing a day to day basis!

I'm glad someone 'official' has spoken out over this, I for one have had quite a few false positives on the clearblue 'standard' tests.
At that price you expect them to be reliable!

WORD OF CAUTION - having recently experienced an early miscarriage, I sought advice from the Early Pregnancy Assessment Unit and the senior nurse that I spoke to advised against using Clearblue Digital Tests as the they have had many women getting false positives and false negatives on them. EPAU use pink strip tests and so do other departments within the hospital (I work there as a midwife) i.e. gynae wards (For women about to undergo surgical procedures - who are tested to rule out pregnancy)and A&E departments. Despite Digi's being popular because it tells a women she's 'pregnant' it's worth considering information above as EPAU deal with pregnancy testing a day to day basis!

I've never used this brand and definately won't now. I've seen a few threads regarding false positives on BnB.

Thanks for the heads up!

To be fair, Clearblue 'blue dye' tests are well reknowned for evap lines with colour but I have never ever heard of a false positive on a Clearblue digi...a false negative, yes, as the hormone levels simply haven't been high enough to trigger the positive status (which can be true of any test), but false positive....I don't believe that to even be technically possible, as the test only activates on the presence of HCG and that is only ever present in the body if you are or have been pregnant, or its been put there are part of fertility treatment.

I am however also sceptical as at my last mc, the hospital nurse at my ERPC had never even heard of digital pregnancy tests and I don't think these people are always the product experts they are proported to be. In fact some (certainly not all...but some) of them can be positively narrow minded!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->