pregnant after a D&C and so worried...

wanna_baby

Reaction score
Hi,

I got pregnant in July with our 2nd baby... sadly it ended in a MC. I had to get a D&C done in Sept. After waiting 2 cycle, we tried and I fell pregnant again. I am now 6 + 3 weeks pregnant. Have my 1st scan booked this Saturday when I will be 7 weeks. I am sooo nervous about the scan weather I would see a heartbeat or not this time because last time, there was a sac but no heartbeat found. I am really hoping this baby is healthy and that we see that little heart beating....

I don't really have any symptoms of pregnancy other than feeling tired and occasional cramps. But I didn't have much symptoms with my 1st either.

Anyone else have there 1st scan soon hoping to see the heartbeat??

I have my first scan Thursday - I'll be 6w4d. This is my first pregnancy and I'm going crazy wondering if everything is OK in there. I'm trying to stay calm but it's so hard!

I got pregnant so soon after a D&C in October, I never saw a heartbeat with my first, it was a MMC..I'm now 9 weeks 2 days and have seen the heartbeat twice, once at 7 weeks 5 days and once at 9 weeks 1 day, I've had cramping and a small bleed but everything is progressing and as much as the smallest things worry me baby is fine..and I'm sure It'll go the same with you too, just because it's happened once doesn't mean it's going to happen again, fingers crossed for you x

I got pregnant so soon after a D&C in October, I never saw a heartbeat with my first, it was a MMC..I'm now 9 weeks 2 days and have seen the heartbeat twice, once at 7 weeks 5 days and once at 9 weeks 1 day, I've had cramping and a small bleed but everything is progressing and as much as the smallest things worry me baby is fine..and I'm sure It'll go the same with you too, just because it's happened once doesn't mean it's going to happen again, fingers crossed for you x

Your story gives me hope... Glad your progressing well.... You are right, just because it happened once, doesn't mean it'll have to happen agagin... but the last time is so fresh in my mind, that I can't help but worry.... 3 more days till the scan... can't wait!

I was 14 weeks when I found out I had a MMC at the end of August. Baby stopped growing at 8 weeks so I had a D&C. I fell pregnant 3 months later. I had an ultrasound to make sure everything was going right at 7+3 and we saw a beautiful baby and heartbeat. Looked like a gummy bear! And heartbeat was 164! Truly beautiful after having a MMC. I'm 8 weeks today and I've been sick every other day which I never had with my first pregnancy so I believe this is our rainbow!

Trust me, worrying can't change anything but I know it's hard not to worry. I compare everything in this pregnancy to my last and it's not healthy, you need to think positive and that's what helped me through..this pregnancy started feeling different from the last. I'm sure you'll see a heartbeat at your scan and once you do your rate of having a miscarriage drops. I'll be stalking to see how your scan goes, update us!x

I had a d&c from an 8 week loss (baby never had a heartbeat). It took us 21 cycles to conceive again. Like you, I was terrified this baby wouldn't have a hb either. We had a scan Friday, and there was the little baby with a nice, strong hb! Yours will too!!

Just wanted to update that I just came back from my 1st scan, and the technician found a sac and a baby with a heart beat.... Although I couldn't see the heartbeat too clearly, I think they might have an older machine, I did see some flutters in the sac. I am extremely relieved about that... How ever, I did hear some bad news... apparently there's a cyst in my left ovary. He said, it's common in pregnancy... Will wait and see what my doc says about that... I just hope it progress well from here onwards.... Thanks to all the ladies who gave me some assurance!

So happy for you! I am the same way, except I have a cyst on my right one. They didn't even tell me about it, I saw it on my paperwork. Everything should be fine!

Congrats! I have a cyst too, I do know some are normal in pregnancy. x

Well, that's good news! :happydance:

Don't sweat the cyst thing. Everyone has a corpus luteum cyst that provides the pregnancy with the necessary hormones until the placenta takes over, between 9-14 weeks along. Most other cysts don't cause issues to pregnancies, either. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->