Pregnant after adopting!

horseylass

Reaction score
Well, after 8 years, we gave up trying for our own child and successfully were placed with two amazing children of primary school age this year. We're going for the court order, we are very happy and love them completely. And now we're pregnant! Anyone else got any advise for telling Social Services? Will this affect our court application? *scared* I'm 9/10 weeks.

Thank you in advance x

Well, after 8 years, we gave up trying for our own child and successfully were placed with two amazing children of primary school age this year. We're going for the court order, we are very happy and love them completely. And now we're pregnant! Anyone else got any advise for telling Social Services? Will this affect our court application? *scared* I'm 9/10 weeks.

Thank you in advance x

Thats so wonderful!

I have never heard what people did in this situation but I hear that it happens often.

As a foster parent I can tell you that our agency really hates to move children around and break bonds. I would imagine if it happened here, they would just take some time to ensure that you are able to handle 3 and if so let it go. If the children have a bond with you, it would be so hard to now tell them that they can not live with you.

Best of luck with the big family! :happydance:

Thank you! We're so worried that it will halt the court application. We have the perfect home for lots of children and they all will be very much loved. I've googled our predicament to see if there is any other similar stories however I've yet to find any! :shrug:

xx

How long have the children been placed with you ?
Congratulations on the baby.xx

Congratulations. I can't imagine it will make any difference as long as they can be sure you'll manage fine with 3. Obviously the children will have bonded with you and they'd prefer not to move them around. As someone who was adopted myself, I can't explain how amazing it is to be placed with a family and have younger siblings, it's nice to feel like a normal family x

Hi this exact thing happened one of the girls on the adoption journey thread . Here baby was born and all before the hearing and no issues . Best of luck with it all and congratulations :)

If the court order you are applying for is the adoption order I wouldn't expect your pregnancy to affect the application as the children have been with you for a while. Congratulations and good luck x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->