Pregnant After Birth Control?

Molly5186

Reaction score
First of all congratulations to all of you on your pregnancies!! I have posted on here before about just coming off of the pill. My question is for those of you who became pregnant within weeks of coming off of birth control, how did you know when to test or even if? I know they say it can take a while for a woman's body to get back to normal after stopping birth control so were there symptoms or anything you experienced? Thanks for any feedback :winkwink:

Hi hun,

I fell pregnant 10 weeks after throwing out my pill packet :) My two cycles off the pill were a bit longer than my usual cycles so I thought it would take a while for everything to 'get back to normal'. I tested because I felt like I was getting my period early (which was weird after having the longer cycles) and got my very unexpected BFP at what turned out to be 9dpo! Oh and I had weird yellowish cm which I heard sometimes sticks around after ov if you fall pregnant because of higher progesterone levels :)

Hope this helps some!

Hello! I stopped taking the pill 11 weeks ago and i am not 9 weeks and 3 days pregnant! x x

With my first 2 children i didn't have a proper period between stopping taking the pill and becoming pregnant, both times i took the pill to the end of the packet, stopped as normal for my break-thru bleed but didn't start taking pill again 7 days later instead we BD'd as much as poss thru-out that "cycle" and when i noticed my first period hadn't arrived about a month after my break-thru bleed i took a test and was pregnant. I've heard the pill can make some women quite fertile when they first stop taking it. Good luck i hope this is the case for you xxx

Hi hun,

I fell pregnant 10 weeks after throwing out my pill packet :) My two cycles off the pill were a bit longer than my usual cycles so I thought it would take a while for everything to 'get back to normal'. I tested because I felt like I was getting my period early (which was weird after having the longer cycles) and got my very unexpected BFP at what turned out to be 9dpo! Oh and I had weird yellowish cm which I heard sometimes sticks around after ov if you fall pregnant because of higher progesterone levels :)

Hope this helps some!

You had a yellowish cm? I've been experiencing this for the past couple of days (odorless as well). I'm only 12dpo-going off of a ov chart that went off of my withdrawal bleed dates, so I'm not sure if I should test or not. I tested at 10dpo and bfn so should I wait a couple more weeks?

How long were you ladies on the pill for before stopping? I was on and off for about 5 years and switched between a couple different brands before sticking with Seasonique for about a year.

I was on pill before my first for 6 solid years and for 3 years with my 2nd xxx

Hi hun,

Hope this helps some!

You had a yellowish cm? I've been experiencing this for the past couple of days (odorless as well). I'm only 12dpo-going off of a ov chart that went off of my withdrawal bleed dates, so I'm not sure if I should test or not. I tested at 10dpo and bfn so should I wait a couple more weeks?

I noticed that I usually got a small amount of yellow cm right after I ovulated but it only lasted maybe one wipe - 1day, but this time it stayed yellow for a lot longer. When I realised I was still experiencing it days after I had ovulated I knew instantly that something was up- I went home and tested that afternoon and got my BFP.

Your cm could be a positive sign (!!!), but it depends on what your body usually does. The best advice someone gave me when symptom spotting was to listen to my body, get to know what's normal for me and keep an eye out for anything 'different'.

I hope you get your BFP!

Oh and I was on the pill intermittently (I swapped brands and took a few breaks) for 4 years. I started on the mini-pill as I was breastfeeding after having my daughter, then I went on to Levelen ED (which I stayed on for a while even though it messed with my hormones) and finally I tried Diane 35 (to level out the hormones and help me gain some weight). I was only on Diane for about 3 months before we decided to try for another bub.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->