Pregnant after miscarriage - SCARED

amyj27

Reaction score
Hi, I had a miscarriage in March (at ten weeks)
I found out last Friday (FRIDAY 13th - yikes) that I am pregnant again (Im about 5 weeks)
I am very very excited but as you can imagine Im terrified the same thing is going to happen again. Ive had a few mild cramps but I know this can be perfectly normal, Im just so woried that when I go for my 12 wk scan there will be something the matter.
I have an appt with midwife on 14th Sept, should I be asking for an early scan or will they suggest one ? Does anyone know ??

x

Firstly, huge congrats on your bfp xx :happydance:

you could request an early scan from your doctor but they may not give you one unless you have had multiple mcs before - it depends on the area but there's no harm in asking!

So then your choice would be a private one. My advice would be, hang on as long as you can stand before going for one! You will see more and be more reassured.

Lots of people go for scans at 5/6 weeks then get stressed out as there was no hb, only a small pole etc (which doesn't mean anythig is wrong at that stage - just that you are scanning early), so I say, if you can hang on til 7-8 weeks you will have bypassed all those worries and will hopefully see a lot more than a sac!

I got my 2nd bfp in July after a mmc in December, and had loads of cramps, twinges, pulls and all sorts! this dies down after a few weeks (2-3) and is completely normal - lots of girls get them as you will see in 1st tri

The hardest part is not worrying - its impossible so why try!! You will worry, its normal. For me, as the weeks went on, it got easier to enjoy the pregnancy and hopefully it will for you too xx

Thanks hun, I really appreciate your reply and thoughts.... I will wait, and will have a chat with the midwife on 14/09.
Thanks again
xx

Congratulations i hope you have a happy and healthy 9 months xxx

Congratulations on your :bfp:

Have a happy and healthy 9 months.

V xxxx

Congrats!! :baby::happydance: I will say I had a miscarriage in Aug 08', got pregnant again in Nov 08' and as you can see, it all worked out amazingly well. Try your best not to worry and relax as much as possible. :hugs: I know easier said than done.

Firstly, huge congrats on your BFP!
I know exactly how you feel BTW! yes it is very scary to be expecting after a MC.
Good luck, :dust: for you and I'll pray for sticky babies for us both!

Firstly Congrats! I know how you feel, I had an mmc in early May at 12 weeks. I would definitely go for an early scan as if there is a problem that early on at least you won't have to wait until 12 weeks to find out about it. I had another mmc two years ago but then got pregnant 3 months later and carried my son to term without any problems at all and had the easiest birth of all my friends - hopefully the same will happen for you!

congrates on your pregnancy, if your concerned talk to your doctor to arange an early scan they are usually good and get you in within about 2 weeks of asking for one. just letting you know i know what your going through, having 2 previous miscarriages being pregnant is one of the most scary things to do. hope things go well for you this time round :D

https://lbdf.lilypie.com/5B9Tm7.png

Congrats. Have a healthy, happy, and blessed 9 months hun! I believe in strong women like yourself.

I'm quite new at all of this and don't know much about pregnancy after m/c, scans, and all of that stuff.

So what I will say is HUGE CONGRATS :happydance:, and I am wishing for a healthy 9 months for you.

congratulations hun i have had 3 misscarges and gone on to have 2 healthy children my last misscarage was feb 25 this year and when i found out i was pregnant again i did nothing but worry but im living a proof that woman who have misscarges can go on to have other healthy pregnancys good luck hun and try not to worry i know its hard tho hun i was the same cc:hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->